Laramie WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    I was gonna say breakfast at Chuckwagon, but Google says it's permanently closed. wytex, can you confirm? If so that's a huge bummer for our family.
    Yes it is closed. Indian food is going in.

Prairie Rose downtown or 17th St Cafe on 17th. Both are good for breakfast.
    The Good Egg is downtown too but haven't tried it.

Had a few drinks and talked with our friends at The Library this weekend. They are struggling to find cooks and may have to limit hours til they can hire someone. No one wants to work.
    Chuckwagon had the same issues and that is what brought the closure.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Yes it is closed. Indian food is going in.

Prairie Rose downtown or 17th St Cafe on 17th. Both are good for breakfast.
      The Good Egg is downtown too but haven't tried it.

Had a few drinks and talked with our friends at The Library this weekend. They are struggling to find cooks and may have to limit hours til they can hire someone. No one wants to work.
      Chuckwagon had the same issues and that is what brought the closure.

We ate at the library last night. Pretty solid joint! Thanks for the recommendation.

Want to try Born In a Barn sometime but Saturday after the game they had an hour and half wait after the game which was understandable. Tried again last night but they closed an hour and half early on us after we called to check the wait time.

Comment

2 down. 2 to go.

Comment

Keep it up. Doing good so far.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, guys! Snow coming tonight through Wednesday afternoon here in Casper. Looks like you are having a great time!

Comment

We may miss the main snow down here but it will be kind of nasty tomorrow.

Nice buck ! Great pics as well.

Comment

Looking good, how are the numbers? I hunted 38 last year before I moved and the numbers were way down, about 60% according to the warden I ran into. I've hunted that country for about 7 years and that 2019 winter was rough on them.

Comment

Tradslam numbers are down in 38 but will bounce back if we get a decent winter, although winter range is not going in very good condition this year.
                  38 is a wintering area and it got hit pretty hard by the deep snow we had in April.
                  They also put a new 38-2 tag for south of 34.
                  The whole area is best hunted after some wintering pronghorn move in unless you have private access.

Moist and chilly this morning, good luck on the other 2 tags Gclyde.

Comment

Myself and two buddies had great success at the Shamrock Ranch between Laramie & Cheyenne in 2005 & 2006. One of my buddies brother was the ranch manager and the ranch owner considered Pronghorns vermin since they ate the same things his cattle ate. It was a self-guided, free hunt. I'd love to go back and try 'em with my bow.

Comment

Day 3 in the books, the weather made glassing tough and didn’t see nearly the numbers we have the two previous days. Still an amazing day of sights. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        Headed out Friday afternoon with my brother and a buddy to start the drive to Laramie for our pronghorn hunt. We will stop in Denver to pick up Dad from the airport and should make it into Laramie around 1 or 2 on Saturday. Days are crawling by but we'll be there soon enough. Weather looks to be nice, sunny with lows around freezing and highs in the mid 50's.

Putting the cart before the horse obviously but we are scheduled to be up there for a week. Should we be done with days to spare, would it be worth bringing shotguns for upland birds? I wouldn't even know where to start but I'm sure we would enjoy it. None of us have been fly fishing either so we kicked that idea around as well although that might be more difficult since we don't have any equipment past waders for that. I don't think the rainbows will care for the touts we toss at these coastal trout down here.

Had a BLAST with blue grouse and sage grouse up there in September... Sage season is now closed though. Blues can be easily found driving Mountain roads in the evening. I would suggest looking at higher elevations this time of year... 8500 and up. As winter gets closer they “reverse migrate” up the mountains. Also this year where I hunted (Sierra Madre ranges) numbers were down. Took me a while to get dogs on them... 5 days to be exact to get the first birds pointed. I was also concentrating heavily on meadows at lower elevations and it seems that they were holding higher up this year. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya more pointers!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                          Day 3 in the books, the weather made glassing tough and didn’t see nearly the numbers we have the two previous days. Still an amazing day of sights. Looking forward to tomorrow.
                          Spent 2 hrs in Walmart parking today waiting for the spouse to help with a dead battery, right in the middle of a wet driving snow storm.
                          FYI if you absolutely have to buy a battery at Walmart get it checked for charge before you walk out with it. 3 batteries later we got one that had some charge.

Did it snow out west of town ? We got 4 inches here in town.

Good luck tomorrow .

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Spent 2 hrs in Walmart parking today waiting for the spouse to help with a dead battery, right in the middle of a wet driving snow storm.
                            FYI if you absolutely have to buy a battery at Walmart get it checked for charge before you walk out with it. 3 batteries later we got one that had some charge.

Did it snow out west of town ? We got 4 inches here in town.

Good luck tomorrow .

It didn’t snow out west nearly like it did in town. We were shocked when we got back into town how much more had dumped there.

One more down today. Today’s buck may not be the biggest we’ve gotten but he made us work for him and it was a really cool stalk. Got a couple days left to try and find a good one for dad.

My buddies not on here and not sure if he would want his face on the internet.

Comment

Congrats to your buddy, nothing wrong with that buck at all.

You'll be getting out of town at a good time, Homecoming for UW this weekend.
                              If you're around town will be hopping Saturday morning til the game.

Comment

We are leaving this afternoon. We will be west of Laramie. Going to b a short trip for us. Hope you get that last tag filled.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X