Lake Amistad 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntozarks View Post
    Awesome, are deer tags down there over the counter? cause if numbers of sheep are down I might try WT a little if I come down, I really want an aoudad this year too

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    Yep, $20 permit you can hunt whatever's legal out there.

Comment

Update
      Permit is $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Yep, $20 permit you can hunt whatever's legal out there.
        You don't have to buy deer tags? When I was out there in 2020 I had a mid 150s 9 point come about 48 yards, didn't shoot cause I thought I had to have a special deer license and tags

Comment

You don't have to buy deer tags? When I was out there in 2020 I had a mid 150s 9 point come about 48 yards, didn't shoot cause I thought I had to have a special deer license and tags

You must have/buy a state hunting license to hunt on Amistad…. The deer tags are included in the state hunting license. The permit to hunt amistad is in addition to the state hunting license.

Comment

Yeah, I got the $48 5 day non resident license, I understood that it was for exotics only

Comment

nice one

Comment

Yeah, I got the $48 5 day non resident license, I understood that it was for exotics only

I believe you can purchase a 5 - day none resident exotic only and a 5 day none-resident that includes all game animals i.e. deer. Obviously that one that includes all game will be more expensive…

Comment

Ok

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                    Update
                    Permit is $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dammit freakin 100% Bidenflation.

I didn't realize you're an NR.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      I believe you can purchase a 5 - day none resident exotic only and a 5 day none-resident that includes all game animals i.e. deer. Obviously that one that includes all game will be more expensive…
                      They don’t offer a 5 day license for big game. You can buy the full non-game license with deer tags over the counter though. Those rams are studs. Y’all have skills to shoot those on your first trip out. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        I ^^^ don’t believe this is correct ^^^.

Ok

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        They don’t offer a 5 day license for big game. You can buy the full non-game license with deer tags over the counter though. Those rams are studs. Y’all have skills to shoot those on your first trip out. Congrats!
                        ^^^ This right here is correct. They don’t offer a 5day NR with tags…. Dang, I need my reading glasses bad when on the phone.

Comment

Went to unit 5 this morning. Didn't see any sheep or fresh sheep sign. Seen lots of doe. Scanned the private land where they usually hang out and none there either. Guess they did net them all and sent them to sale

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                            Went to unit 5 this morning. Didn't see any sheep or fresh sheep sign. Seen lots of doe. Scanned the private land where they usually hang out and none there either. Guess they did net them all and sent them to sale
                            Well there went those plan, I'm still planning on coming down to chase aoudad on 4 unless they took them all off too

Comment

Well there went those plan, I'm still planning on coming down to chase aoudad on 4 unless they took them all off too

You probably already know but figured I'd mention since you mentioned being a non-resident that area 4 needs a boat (or a kayak or canoe or whatever) to access it. Just making sure so there's no surprises when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                You probably already know but figured I'd mention since you mentioned being a non-resident that area 4 needs a boat (or a kayak or canoe or whatever) to access it. Just making sure so there's no surprises when you get there.
                                Yup I was aware, thank you though for checking up, we used kayaks last year and it worked pretty well, if anyone wants to come down and share a camp and a boat then that would suit me :grin

Comment

Working...
                                X