Preference points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preference points

How many points are a lot on the public draw hunts? We have been pretty lucky and have drawn some great hunts in the past, but we have 10 or better points for some of the better hunts.

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
    How many points are a lot on the public draw hunts? We have been pretty lucky and have drawn some great hunts in the past, but we have 10 or better points for some of the better hunts.
    One guy who posts here has 30 points in a category

Comment

Texas? They're just raffle tickets here really, but I'd consider anything over 10 to be up there.

Comment

37 here. G d e. I only have 37 since that's when tpw starting using preference points. I been putting in since I was in my early 20's and I'll be 68 in a few weeks.

Comment

I had many points in several categories (15+), but then started to draw some of them. Now my high ones are 25 for pronghorn, 18 for exotic, 16 for private lands either sex, 15 for mule deer, and 11 for bighorn. All the rest are under 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            I had many points in several categories (15+), but then started to draw some of them. Now my high ones are 25 for pronghorn, 18 for exotic, 16 for private lands either sex, 15 for mule deer, and 11 for bighorn. All the rest are under 10.

Dang!!! I’ve got no shot….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
              Dang!!! I’ve got no shot….
              You have plenty just don’t focus on Chap. Only ones that really are hard are the exotics and pronghorn and locations are limited. Other hunts you just have to find other locations unless you are deadest on one place.

Comment

who knows? I've been picked for decent hunts with only 1 or 2 points!

Comment

I broke double digits this year in many categories. Got lucky and drew a couple of homerun hunts early, including exotic and archery Chap, both with 2 points, but that was before the cubing.

Comment

We have been hoping to some day hunt Palo Duro before we get too old to hike.

Comment

I've been drawn on a lot of hunts but never with double digit points. I have a bunch of points in Pronghorn and Exotic however. I have nine in archery exotic but don't want to apply as long as the hunt is in Garner for fear that I might be drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        37 here. G d e. I only have 37 since that's when tpw starting using preference points. I been putting in since I was in my early 20's and I'll be 68 in a few weeks.
                        Don’t go buy a lottery ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post

I'd be curious to find out what exact hunt(s) you're putting in for. That's an insane amount of points and time to still not draw. Especially with the cubed system. I would assume even if you're putting in for the most sought after hunt, you're going to draw in the next year or 2! At least I hope you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                            I'd be curious to find out what exact hunt(s) you're putting in for. That's an insane amount of points and time to still not draw. Especially with the cubed system. I would assume even if you're putting in for the most sought after hunt, you're going to draw in the next year or 2! At least I hope you do!
                            Not all of them for sure, with cubing he should draw soon

Comment

23 in exotic for adult and 5 for youth been putting in 28 years for it and have yet to get drawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X