Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
    Well I’m off the lease.

Turns out they gave me the boot because I “take this too seriously” and they are just looking to hang out and have a good time. Aka drink and shoot deer from camp.

2020 lease or property search begins
    Yeah, it goes both ways. I can see their side of the argument too. We have a group that hunts together at a buddy's place every year, and I don't think a super serious hunter would fit in there either.

Just gotta pick a lease that fits your personal expectations/style and that one clearly wasn't it.

Comment

Well I’m off the lease.

Turns out they gave me the boot because I “take this too seriously” and they are just looking to hang out and have a good time. Aka drink and shoot deer from camp.

Hate to hear that...good luck in finding a place that has like minded people

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
      Yeah, it goes both ways. I can see their side of the argument too. We have a group that hunts together at a buddy's place every year, and I don't think a super serious hunter would fit in there either.

Just gotta pick a lease that fits your personal expectations/style and that one clearly wasn't it.
      Agreed...I've found enjoyment on every lease I've been on, I just enjoyed some more than others and mainly because the ones I didn't enjoy as much involved all of this stuff. More power to you if you like to drink and run around the lease...it just isn't what I'm there for and I'm better off heading elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
        Yup that's tough. I think the right like minded group is just as important as the quality of the lease itself. I took a 3yr break and just got on 1200ac in Rocksprings this year. There are only 4 of us and one extra spot that is just paid for by another hunter. The rules are strict and include no joy riding through the woods during hunting hours. The last group broke the rules I think. These multiple strict rules made this place a **** zoo now. It is incredible! Good luck to you
        All the reason to have guidelines/rules on any lease and enforce them. I always laugh about the folks who post that they will not be on a lease with a "bunch of rules" - that is the red flag for any serious hunter or serious hunting lease

Comment

Well I’m off the lease.

Sorry bud. Tough luck.

Family has their own land in an area thats heavily pressured so if you do look into getting your own property the situation is not always that much better.

But, one thing I've learned is that you can use the pressure to your advantage. Locating bedding areas in the thick stuff is always a great plan. Rubs often mark buck bedding areas and as the pressure heats up the bucks will be near their bedding all day and wont travel too far from them normally.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

This too is accurate - issues arise when folks get on the wrong type of lease for them. If it is a get some meat and party set up or a well managed structured set up the hunter needs to pick the one that they are looking for - otherwise there will be issues for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              All the reason to have guidelines/rules on any lease and enforce them. I always laugh about the folks who post that they will not be on a lease with a "bunch of rules" - that is the red flag for any serious hunter or serious hunting lease
              Being a serious hunting lease isn't the only reason rules make sense...I used to hunt a buddies property 10-15 years ago, where I was pretty much the only guy who regularly hunted. It was, to say the least, a place to party and not hunt. But there were strict rules in place anyways, so that anyone who showed up for the first time knew the do's and don't's from the moment they arrived, for the safety of everyone there. You would think that common sense stuff wouldn't need to be addressed, but common sense isn't very common anymore

Comment

Good luck!

Well I’m off the lease.

You might be surprised how many good deer are killed off places of around 50 acres...might want to consider buying instead of leasing but I wish you well sir!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                  ugh all of that sounds awful. Maybe tell the lease owner? Really there should be some basic rules since there are probably guys that don't know any better. That should be on the lease owner though. They should spell them out real clearly so that all of their tenants are happy.
                  A lot of the times the lease owner doesn’t want to hear that drama. If I own land, and you come to me crying because you can’t get along with grown men then I know who I’m getting rid of first. Our lease owner is that way. We have a lease manager specifically so the owner doesn’t have to deal with lease drama. The owner made it clear of that.

Everyone on our place deer hunts but me. I’m a hog and varmint hunter. I sit back at camp and drink beer during deer season most of the time. The day season is over I’m running around killing **** again. No night hunting at all during deer season, and limited day calling only if no one else is around that weekend. But I enjoy being out regardless if I get to hunt, so I still go out even when I have to just sit back and watch. I usually end up helping top off feeders, or some other chores around camp just for entertainment though. Still beats being in town.

Comment

Well I’m off the lease.

Man, did they give you the boot and your season is gone or are they allowing you to finish the season out? Seems a bit harsh but, it’s going to work out better for you in the end. Good luck with the lease hunt, I’m right there with you for the ‘20-‘21 season lease hunt.

Where’s ol boy that use to have a lease thread, I know they banned him!!!

Comment

I need my own place too. Lets get a place together and I'll only hunt your area when you're not there ! Deal ?

Comment

We just brought on a new member on and he is looking to setup a blind.......400 yards from my setup. since thats "where the big ones are"
                        I have a couple of those guys on my lease. Funny thing is, my spot was open for the taking before I got on the lease.

Comment

This is where lease rules are necessary to keep guys like that looking elsewhere. Sucks man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by houhunter View Post
                            I bought a little 40 acre tree farm 1hr 40min from the house. Killed this guy Tuesday. You have NO idea how much nicer it is when you do your own thing. I used to lease close to where I bought land and was sick of the rules only applying to certain people and all the BS. You better believe staying quiet and stealthy helped me get this guy.
                            Giant man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a lease in Harper and I feel your pain. We have had guys leave the lease because I hunt the way you do and I kill good deer. They drive to their stands, hunt the wrong winds, get there late and leave early but I am somehow cheating and keeping all of the good deer on my side.....LOL. Good luck in the future.

-john

Comment

You can find lots of small places that have good setups naturally built in. My place is also only 40 acres, but there are close to 500 acres around me that aren't hunted and it's a very high density deer area (hill country). 500 acres like like 80 animals on average. I get begged to shoot more deer or bring friends by all my neighbors and have shot some very nice bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X