No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got a couple spots checked today ready for Thursday..

Comment

Found my spot yesterday. Saw a WIDE buck at Harris Creek right around the corner from the Visitor Center. At least 24" wide. Just chilling by the road.

Weather is looking perfect! C'mon Thursday!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was out there with my brother-n-law scouting for him today. Found some amazing sign. Found some stand locations from some segment A peeps also. He should have a great hunt. I’ll be hunting our lease about 1/4 mile from the Goode unit so good things should happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Three more day and the dance will begin.

Comment

Spent time on the bicycle and my boots today

Got me a place picked out to start

See yall Thursday morning

Comment

Good Luck to all the B-Seg peeps. I l'll be tuned in for the live hunts as I was for "A". Sure seems like this years Hag hunts will be fruitful. I'll be impatiently waiting on Segment C I am so blessed to be able to hunt this year

Comment

I think for every buck that was taken in segment A there were 5 that were seen and I'm sure many more that laid low. Fresh, huge, rubs this weekend all over the place. Bucks coming in to rattling antlers on public land this weekend. This cold front is going to have them frisky as ever. It's a dang crap shoot as to the perfect spot. I think many of the bucks in segment B are going to be WAY out of their territories this week. Looking forward to meeting some TBH personalities at orientation. Can't focus on work! SO...distracted!

Comment

Good Luck to all ya'll segment B Hunters and be safe. I'll be following along. What day does the hunt begin.

Comment

I hear a bicycle blind works great up there....

Comment

Good luck Seg. B hunters. Still sick to my stomach, but hopefully somebody else gets him or finds him.

Red dots are where the last blood was found headed north. I walked all inside the blue, and grid searched the high lighted areas. I walked the creek, but did not make it the the beginning of Harris creek. Talked to one hunter on the last day that saw him the week before. He said he was a monster. White horns all over 10 inches in length with great mass. Also, the non typical looked just like Big Boy, has to be the same genetics. I was the second shot on him Saturday, another hunter missed him. He is enormous, and will be the talk of the town if anybody gets him.

My advice to all B hunters, don't set your bow down for the first hour of light, and the hour before dark. My saying is always, it will happen in 10 seconds, both times my bow was on the hanger. My arrow fell off on the big non typical on pull back, left it hanging over night and didn't check it. Second one, happened 23 minutes later and rushed the shot as he was walking. Good luck, and be ready. Keep your bow in your hands like I said, they are chasing does and as fast as the show up, they leave just as fast.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                        Good luck Seg. B hunters. Still sick to my stomach, but hopefully somebody else gets him or finds him.

Red dots are where the last blood was found headed north. I walked all inside the blue, and grid searched the high lighted areas. I walked the creek, but did not make it the the beginning of Harris creek. Talked to one hunter on the last day that saw him the week before. He said he was a monster. White horns all over 10 inches in length with great mass. Also, the non typical looked just like Big Boy, has to be the same genetics. I was the second shot on him Saturday, another hunter missed him. He is enormous, and will be the talk of the town if anybody gets him.

My advice to all B hunters, don't set your bow down for the first hour of light, and the hour before dark. My saying is always, it will happen in 10 seconds, both times my bow was on the hanger. My arrow fell off on the big non typical on pull back, left it hanging over night and didn't check it. Second one, happened 23 minutes later and rushed the shot as he was walking. Good luck, and be ready. Keep your bow in your hands like I said, they are chasing does and as fast as the show up, they leave just as fast.

I was in there on Friday and saw buzzards just Northeast of those dots. Thought I had found your buck...turned out they were just on a dead hog... didn’t see anything else or any more buzzards in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          You are just guaranteed a spot, still have to pay fees and qualify with bow

Headed up in the morning to look at a few spots and make a decision on where to start

Thursday will be here quick
                          Good luck! Love the Hagerman. Haven't hunted there since early 90's

Comment

I went and poked around this morning up there when the cold front was blowing through. I have 3 spots picked out and think any one of them will do.

Anybody know what the parking situation is this year? Last year they sent out a parking map but nobody really followed by it. Just wondering what my walking distance to stand is going to be.

Comment

I think they're letting us park wherever as long as we don't block any roads or gates. That's second hand info so it may not be correct. Last time I hunted in 2015, you had to park in a designated spot.

Comment

I'll be following along "B" group. "A" group was a fun hunt! I'll second what Kurt said above...be sure to have your bow in hand ready to rock. There were multiple times that bucks moved into my setup within seconds of hearing them. Luckily, I remembered what Kurt said, "it can happen in seconds". I killed my buck at almost 11 am Friday morning, be ready! I was 10 minutes from pulling out a mid morning snack. Bucks will be on the cruise looking for does right now. I have a feeling that this segment may be the best one yet!

As for parking, they told us we could park anywhere we wanted as long as we weren't blocking the roads or gates, not breaking the law, and entering into the refuge through refuge (meaning, not entering through private property we had access to). They'll go over that in the orientation as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first hunt there. Met tons of great guys! Lots of guys I hadn't met before reached out to help drag my buck out once they had heard I shot one. The whole experience of the H is remarkable. I had my mind made up before the hunt that I wasn't going to bother putting in for it in the future with TPWD, but after segment A my mind was quickly changed.

Take it all in while you're there. It will go by fast! Sometimes, if you're not ready you'll miss it. Keep that bow in hand for as long as possible!

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to follow along!

Comment

Working...
                                X