No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a nice young 10 point this morning and he was drooling and lovesick! Beautiful morning here

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I realize a lot of people have seen and/or killed some great bucks this season, but for me it’s shaping up to be one of the slowest I’ve had in a while.

Anybody else seeing nada mucho?
      I don’t have many sits in NE Texas but yes. I would say 15 sits at the most. I’ve seen deer on 3 or 4 sits. In the past i would usually see deer half the time or more. I’m blaming it to more neighbors hunting and pulling deer from where I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        175 3/8 gross just hit the dirt on our club in Angelina County.
        Looks like y’all place still has it! Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

185” killed by a buddy in new Waverly over the weekend. Great deer. Some of you will know about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
            185” killed by a buddy in new Waverly over the weekend. Great deer. Some of you will know about him.

No pictures for us??

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Walker County has been on fire all season.

Comment

We've been seeing plenty deer and lots of up and comers. All of us have passed perfectly legal deer (some that shouldn't have been). I havent been blanked on a sit yet. In fact the least amount of deer in one sit is 3 and as many as 10.

Did a little upgrading to dads stand. He fell smooth off the stairs Monday. While doing that dogos stirred up a rat that was worthy of a 223 round

Another great weekend in the woods

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  Looks like y’all place still has it! Congrats to the hunter.
                  Not bad. Years of being selective are paying off. I took a nice 8 Monday and a big cull 6 Wed.

No complaints here. Last four days I just relaxed and worked around camp. Freezer is full

Comment

Saw my target buck last night, and he looks great in person. Problem was he was hot on a doe, and she never ran into bow range. Tried snort wheezing but he only had 1 thing on his mind! Hopefully will get another chance at him...although it’s sounded like a war zone at the neighbors this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      We've been seeing plenty deer and lots of up and comers. All of us have passed perfectly legal deer (some that shouldn't have been). I havent been blanked on a sit yet. In fact the least amount of deer in one sit is 3 and as many as 10.

Did a little upgrading to dads stand. He fell smooth off the stairs Monday. While doing that dogos stirred up a rat that was worthy of a 223 round

Another great weekend in the woods

Cool stand!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                        Cool stand!

And the frame was free!!!

Its called "the haybarn" since an old haybarn is just up the hill. Pretty much my dads home turf.

Since the youpon has grown up and the frame is metal is looks like it floated up there.

Comment

It’s been an active morning so far. Had 3 does come in shortly after daylight. Dropped the lead doe.

The other 2 didn’t seem too alarmed and stuck around. Since then I’ve had 3 or 4 more does come out along with 2 small bucks looking to chase.

Two of them just made it to the feeder.

I decided to bring the rifle and set up next to a barbed wire fence behind some brush that overlooks big oaks and my feeder. This spot hasn’t been too great this year but I typically have good action around the rut here. Hoping a big one will give me a shot soon.

Comment

I am finally using some vacation time to hunt this week.

Weather is supposed to be good in Houston county.

Cold+peak rut=perfect sit. Hopefully,lol.

J

Comment

After 4 uneventful days at our farm I stopped at my lease on the way home to check cameras and, let's just say I am rejuvenated and ready to go again. One of targets from last year showed back up on cue and he is a doozy.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                No pictures for us??

Comment

Working...
                                X