• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
    unfortunately so is hunting.
    bamb!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      And 40 of those were on the European Tour which is pretty **** impressive. They play links golf. Totally different game than American golf. How many golfers can adjust and compete like that?

Not many, links golf is a different animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        Several contributing factors, but pace of play is horrendous and is damaging it for sure.

You see the the people on Golf channel talking about how we need to fix that, then the next show on is Michael Breed telling you how you need to take 56 practice swings, line it up, wiggle your ***, take 37 dufner waggles, then hit the ball. Then when you get on the green it is another song and dance before you putt. It is ridiculous.

I do everything I can to avoid metroplex golf courses for this reason. Last time I played Champions Circle in Ft Worth it took 6+ hours.
        We play a round in 3 hours and work on the phone while we play (don't tee off on Saturdays). Highest handicap in our group is a 12 and lowest is a 3.

Term is called "Ready Golf".

Comment

Haven't watched golf since he went down hill. Love him or hate him he was a freaking blast to watch in his prime.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Augasta try to Tiger proof the course after his dominance ? As well as several other majors and venues? At the time all the other tour pro's were playing with equivalent equipment so the changes weren't equipment related in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Augasta try to Tiger proof the course after his dominance ? As well as several other majors and venues? At the time all the other tour pro's were playing with equivalent equipment so the changes weren't equipment related in my opinion

Most traditional major championship venues tiger proofed their course including Augusta

Comment

for nobody caring, this thread has lived longer than tigers golf career

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                  Most traditional major championship venues tiger proofed their course including Augusta

Makes you wonder what he would have won in his prime if they would have left them alone

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    It affected his mental game....forget his long drives, his amazing chips, iron game, and think about the amount of ridiculous putts he used to make.

None of those things he injured should affect his putting abilities.
                    Tiger Woods is has and will probably ever have the strongest mental game in golf. His emotional state may have played a small role in some errant shots but I can attest from experience, any change in your body affects your golf game in immeasurable ways. I am 3" taller, 50 lbs heavier and simply a larger person that I was when I competed. Throw in a knee surgery and a few injuries and I can no longer find my once magnificent short game or putting. I catch glimpses now and then but it's gone and I know it. Tiger has played in immense pain most of his life (mostly due to over-swinging) and it finally caught up to him. I take nothing from the man and his accomplishments. I believe he is/was the greatest to ever play the game. His longevity has no bearing on my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                      no tigers dominance from 1999-2009 is the greatest stretch of any golfer ever, even jack said so, jack was just more consistent in the long run....

I wont argue jack being the greatest, but between them its 1a and 1b and a coin flip between the two..don't be biased, you could argue Ben Hogan was the greatest or even Arnie...its tough to compare between the generations
                      I hope Tiger wins 5 more majors but to me it's not 1a and 1b. It's 1 and 2 and the Golden Bear still sits atop the mountain. Consistency is a huge part of the equation to me.

Comment

Originally posted by spikebuck View Post
                        I hope Tiger wins 5 more majors but to me it's not 1a and 1b. It's 1 and 2 and the Golden Bear still sits atop the mountain. Consistency is a huge part of the equation to me.
                        Tiger is more consistent than Jack. Hence the twice as high win percentage. Injuries have cost him the late part of his career. That doesn't mean he isn't better.

Everyone knows Bo Jackson is the greatest all sound athlete of all time. But he had an extremely short career. Still the best.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Sorry but on a photo like these.......no nips... no good. Gimme something I can relate to.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                            Okay. You're the president of the Snead club. Fair enough.

There is no majority group on this earth (that knows golf, plays golf, knows golf history, and the players) that will side with the absurd statement that Snead is the greatest golfer vs Jack.
                            No, I'm saying there is no comparing any of them from different eras. They are all great and using arbitrary numbers from completely different time periods isnt fair to any of them. You said there is no argument. I'm simply saying that isn't true. Imo Moe Norman could be in the conversation and most of the people here have never heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              No, I'm saying there is no comparing any of them from different eras. They are all great and using arbitrary numbers from completely different time periods isnt fair to any of them. You said there is no argument. I'm simply saying that isn't true. Imo Moe Norman could be in the conversation and most of the people here have never heard of him.
                              Moe Norman was something else. His ball striking was unheard of

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                We play a round in 3 hours and work on the phone while we play (don't tee off on Saturdays). Highest handicap in our group is a 12 and lowest is a 3.

Term is called "Ready Golf".
                                I think you missed the point. The round took over 6 hours because we had to wait for the groups in front of us for every shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X