Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of Switching to Thumb Release. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter Too Simple here. I like it but it will affect your draw length.

Comment

Do not overlook Hot Shot. Great releases and wonderful customer service.

Comment

I had a carter just b cuz. I really liked it, but I could never be consistent with it, and found myself rushing the shot just like a with regular release. so I went back to a back tension with a click and it made a world of difference for me

Comment

I have a carter chocolate lite nd its great. Nice crisp trigger

Comment

Docmay said it. Shoot a few and find the one you like. I shot probably 10 at Bowzone and ended up with a Carter.

Comment

I have a Stan SX2 4 finger and I love it. I doubt I'll ever be able to shoot any other.

Comment

Stan SX3....excellent hunting release. It breaks like glass.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  Carter Too Simple here. I like it but it will affect your draw length.
                  How so? I am also looking to go to a thumb release.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    How so? I am also looking to go to a thumb release.
                    It doesn't. But with that being said,it will affect the anchor point you have become accustomed to, which may have been too long to begin with. You more than likely will have to shorten your d loop, and move your peep up the string some.

once you find your new repeatable anchor,shooting becomes second to aiming. And IMO if you actually apply pressure from your thumb to activate the release, then you are doing it wrong and miss the point entirely. There should be no noticeable movement from the time you anchor until the time your shot goes off.

Comment

I figured it would affect my anchor point. the two styles are different and the way the hand touches the face is different. Not it will change my draw length or have to move my peep up. But...I have not tried one, so I may be all wet on that assumption.

I will give it a try to see how I like it. I think I will, just need the trigger time.

Comment

I've been very satisfied with my Carter's. I own the Chocolate Addiction, Just Cuz and Nock 2 It. You are welcome to try them out if you happen to be up this way.

Comment

Thanks for the great responses! I'm on a "layover" in the metroplex tonight and am going to try to run up to CCR in the morning before I head to Midland to see what they have available. I don't have my bow with me, but hopefully I can get a feel for a few models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

I use a Carter Easy One 4 finger.
                            I bet within a few days you’ll adjust to it and start to get used to it.
                            You really can’t go wrong with a Carter and if you don’t like it the resale value on a Carter is really good.
                            CCR is a great idea to get a feel for a few releases in your hand.
                            Last edited by KingsX; 01-30-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I made a quick detour to CCR this morning. Chris helped me out with suggestions based on what I need and offered tips on making the transition and how I might change my form for best results (many of the same things y'all have suggested!) I fondled several models from multiple brands, including Scott, Truball and Carter. Chris even let me try out one of his personal releases (after changing it from left to right handed). I'm actually amazed that even slight differences in options may be more suitable for exactly what I want to accomplish than a seemingly similar option. (As an example, Chris pointed out why the way a certain release clips to the loop, which I thought I wanted, might actually be more detrimental for my needs than what I thought.)

Right now I'm leaning toward the Carter Just B Cuz over the very Target 3.

I'm in no rush, so I'm going to keep researching before I punch the proverbial trigger! Jeff will ship it to me when I make my final decision.

Oh yeah, Jeff was helpful, too, in soliciting Chris' expert opinion!

Seriously, I enjoyed chatting with Jeff and Joe and catching up with great friends that I just don't get to see enough!

Jeff was helping another customer (an archery newbie) when I thought about grabbing a pic, so pardon the sniped selfie!

Thanks again for all the valuable input on this thread. Keep the suggestions coming if there's anything I may have missed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great info!

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X