• Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 years.

Together almost 57 years.

Married almost 53 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
      talking about mine got me thinking....ive known her name since we were 2 maybe 3,she watched me go thru 4 marriages and stood up and said i got this...weve been together going on 25 years we were together 20 years before we got married...1 morning i was sitting at my desk i hollered into the bedroom if we got married it would save almost 700 a month on my insurance she peeked out said do i get 350 a month for doing it...boy what a bargain i got,i ve came home from a bar so beat up by 3 mexicans and a pool stick i was unrecognizable, long story... short version is never turn loose of the pool stick, shes bailed me out of jail more times than i care to remember every time she says this is the last time but she always comes gets me,she literally had to babysit a 230lb baby for about 6 months till i learned to walk bath and things im to embarrassed to admit to,ive spent all our savings more than once on a old hot rod that i promise ill sell most of them i have but not all of them "side note if you hear of my demise and you want a 69 camaro or a 34 chevy coupe get here quick she swears they are both going in the pond", she still helps me dress everyday...all that being said i know her by site but she surprises me everyday so i guess im still getting to know her after 50 something years...she reminds me often i wouldnt be here without her thank you god.....
      Terry, is that you? You sound like one of my college roommates!

I would love to share a campfire and bottle of whiskey. The stories you could tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        60 years.

Together almost 57 years.

Married almost 53 years.
        and those are just the AD years!!!

Congrats sir

Met my wife in 1997, we got married July 13 of 2002.

Im still puttin up with her crap 47 years later

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          Wow! A lot of great stories here and a LOT of institutional knowledge in this group.

Given the length of time you’ve been married, I’m curious to know what each of you would say is the secret to your success, because, without exception, each of you appears to have found immense happiness in your relationships.

So, how about it? What is the one bit of advice you would share with someone considering the institution of holy matrimony?
          let the little things go.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Met my wife in 1997, we got married July 13 of 2002.

Im still puttin up with her crap 47 years later
            Umm...I went to public school and was taught public school math. I could be wrong but I don’t think that adds up.

Comment

Wow! A lot of great stories here and a LOT of institutional knowledge in this group.

Given the length of time you’ve been married, I’m curious to know what each of you would say is the secret to your success, because, without exception, each of you appears to have found immense happiness in your relationships.

So, how about it? What is the one bit of advice you would share with someone considering the institution of holy matrimony?
              ALWAYS treat each other equal & with RESPECT & back each other up. There is no your job ,my job at home. Its our job.

Comment

I think you need a reality show or something.

Comment

Just marry someone who worships the ground you walk on. Easy peasy!!!

Comment

I met my wife when she was 4 or 5 and I would have been around 9.

We started dating 15 years ago and have been married for 13 years this past Sunday. We celebrated at a crawfish boil at Curtintex house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                      Umm...I went to public school and was taught public school math. I could be wrong but I don’t think that adds up.
                      Yep. There's a lot of head scratching with this one.

Met my wife our last semester of college. We all had to take senior lab to graduate (electrical engineering). There was not enough room for 40 of us so we were told we would have to come back for one semester in the Summer. So while everyone else went to lab, a group of us went to the Posse East (University of Texas) and drank beer. That was the first time we met but it was not love at first sight. It was the start of a friendship. It was 3 years later before we started dating and 4 before we were married. We will celebrate 31 years come October.

Comment

You don’t have to agree with someone to communicate with them.

Comment

Communication, patience, luck . . Alcohol . .
                          And not necessarily in that order . .
                          Last edited by Sharecropper; 04-20-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

That's a hard question. In the first 10 years there were two times where we almost ended it. One of those the divorce papers were written up and just needed signatures. We decided to keep working on it and have not had any major issues since. Just sticking it out and not giving up is all we did.

One of the realizations we came to, that may sound odd, is each of us would be fine without the other. That's not to say we wouldn't be devastated to lose the other. I would be in a bad place for a while no doubt, but I would be able to survive and get on with my life because of how I'm built as a person. She is the same way. Knowing that, we aren't afraid to be honest with each other about any topic.

I got married young so a lot of buddies would ask me for advice. I always tell them to not get comfortable just because you're married. Don't get complacent and lazy just because you found a woman. Keep working out, keep working hard, keep your hobbies. Being the best version of yourself takes care of a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              I knew someone would catch it.

Living with my wife is kinda like dog years. Every real year counts for 2.378 of my life

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

how long you known your wife

Since July 4, 2004.

Willie Nelson’s Picnic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X