No announcement yet.

Educate me on Toledo Bend Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lake is loaded with fish of just about every freshwater species. It’s difficult at best to navigate and can be absolutely murderous on a north or south wind. If you’re not on a marked boat lane you better be idling and I highly suggest a boat lanes chip because the markers are bad to float off course when it really blows.

If there’s good grass in the lake fishing is phenomenal. If there isn’t it can be tough. Decent duck hunting can be found.

Comment

Oh on a side note your 25 minutes from the best lake in Texas

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Big Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

How do you get from T bend to Richland in 25 minutes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Big Sam?
            Yes sir!And the great thing both lakes seem to cycle with hydrilla ,Rayburn is full of it right now . Best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              How do you get from T bend to Richland in 25 minutes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Lol go back to sleep

Comment

The best thing about it is the limitless size. People on the north end say "oh you're way down south by the bridge". People on the south say, "you're way up north by the bridge". And the bridge is actually in the middle.

The worst thing is the bass boat traffic has gotten horrendous in recent years. The popular areas will have a conga line of glitter boats every 50 yards going down the bank.

We usually go on Sunday and peel out Thursday morning when the sparkle army is rolling in.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                  The best thing about it is the limitless size. People on the north end say "oh you're way down south by the bridge". People on the south say, "you're way up north by the bridge". And the bridge is actually in the middle.

The worst thing is the bass boat traffic has gotten horrendous in recent years. The popular areas will have a conga line of glitter boats every 50 yards going down the bank.

We usually go on Sunday and peel out Thursday morning when the sparkle army is rolling in.
                  I was looking at the lake regs and couldn't believe how lenient they are. Bass over 14 and no slot, no minimum on Crappie, blues and channels very lenient also.

I don't keep bass anyway but I really like how they have it set up

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of a wakey worm on Toledo. I've had one in the boat at all times sense I was a baby! lol Also if you ever have someone offer to take you to catch striper out there do it! I got into them one morning at the dam. We caught probably 30 fish from 8-12 pounds all on topwater. They are the freshwater redfish, and are a whole lot of fun to catch on your everyday bass tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      Don't underestimate the power of a wakey worm on Toledo. I've had one in the boat at all times sense I was a baby! lol Also if you ever have someone offer to take you to catch striper out there do it! I got into them one morning at the dam. We caught probably 30 fish from 8-12 pounds all on topwater. They are the freshwater redfish, and are a whole lot of fun to catch on your everyday bass tackle.
                      Sounds fun!

I've fished a stick bait a bunch... but it's been a hot minute. I'm really looking forward to getting down there and playing a little!

That lake is so big seems you could spend years on items never fish the same cove twice.

Comment

I've made the trip to TB a couple of times. Stayed at the Fin and Feather. Dang good fishing with a wacky rig and lipless crankbait. If you travel to the east side you can see how the Louisianimals live. Quite interesting. No piece of tin goes unused... LOL

Comment

Cut my teeth on crappie and bluegill on TB. Love that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Sounds fun!

I've fished a stick bait a bunch... but it's been a hot minute. I'm really looking forward to getting down there and playing a little!

That lake is so big seems you could spend years on items never fish the same cove twice.
                            I've got pictures of me in a diaper on our slab for our lake house. I'll be 30 in July, and I've only been north of 6 mile maybe 5 times in my life. lol It is such a huge lake, that if you try and fish all of it you'll probably never figure it out. You can burn a whole bunch of gas trying to fish it all at Toledo! The thing I know about the area you are looking at is that it is not all that stumpy. You can do a little tubing and what not right out in front of your cove.

Comment

Some mighty fine bowfishin' starting bout this time of year too!! 60# buffalo are not uncommon, and it's like Big Sam in that the water can get really clear if the wind lays for a few days... Big Gator Gar too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                                Sabino national forest . . Surrounds our subdivision . . My back boundary is the SNF . .
                                Our place has SNF on three sides. One land owner (25 acres) has the other side, my wife hunts our place, I hunt SNF.

Comment

Working...
                                X