Educate me on Toledo Bend Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educate me on Toledo Bend Reservoir

Looking at buying a place on Toledo Bend, waterfront. East of Hemphill... don't know much about the lake. I've heard good things about the bass fishing. Yes I Bass fish

Anyone else have a place up there?

We have one on the south end of the lake by the dam. Lots of good fishing between where you're looking and us. Where exactly are you looking? Fin and Feather area? Lowes Creek area? My in laws had a place up there towards Lowes creek, and I've got buddies with places in the 6 mile area.

Comment

just buy it. I can show you how to transfer from wading to flipping and pitching easily

Comment

over half the original family farm is under water due to the ****ing of the lake. We still own a small piece near Fin & Feather. Although we don't get up there much anymore. Some great fishing but don't run that lake wide open until you know it. Those tree tops just under the water can do some real damage to your boat. Best fishing spot I know of is where the old farmhouse was supposed to be underwater. It is booger getting in there through the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          over half the original family farm is under water due to the ****ing of the lake. We still own a small piece near Fin & Feather. Although we don't get up there much anymore. Some great fishing but don't run that lake wide open until you know it. Those tree tops just under the water can do some real damage to your boat. Best fishing spot I know of is where the old farmhouse was supposed to be underwater. It is booger getting in there through the trees.
          Is that the place called chicken coop that they catch crappie on?

Comment

We have waterfront property on TB north of Milam. What do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
              We have one on the south end of the lake by the dam. Lots of good fishing between where you're looking and us. Where exactly are you looking? Fin and Feather area? Lowes Creek area? My in laws had a place up there towards Lowes creek, and I've got buddies with places in the 6 mile area.
              You're speaking French to me but here's the general area from Google Earth.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                just buy it. I can show you how to transfer from wading to flipping and pitching easily
                99 percent it'll be bought.... I'm not even sure I have a plastic worm anymore. [emoji23]

Comment

Great Lake. Bass are off a little these days due to lack of grass. But still enough to keep ya interested, especially after you learn some spots. Different ideas on lake management concerning the grass. Great crappie lake and great big bluegill lake. Good depthfinder will be a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    You're speaking French to me but here's the general area from Google Earth.

My FIL's old place is directly across that main cove closest to the point! lol There are/were some AWESOME brush tops right out in front of that dock! That is a bit north of my stomping grounds though. I spend almost all my time south of there.

As far as fishing goes... Find grass and you'll find fish. My end of the lake has been grassless the past couple years which makes the fishing pretty tough. Hydrilla is prime stuff on the south end! Also find your brush tops, and off shore structure. That's how the tourney guys win money. I'm a weekend warrior right now at this stage of life, so when I go I just beat the bank looking for grass and fish points. I choose to try and just catch a few and cross my fingers I run across a big one by luck. I don't have the hours to put in to directly target the big girls.

Comment

Had a place in the Six Mile area since 1973 . . Grass is making a return and fishing is getting better . . Mama got her a nice one last weekend . .

Comment

First off Shane, it's FRESH water... and there ain't no croker! You wouldn't like it a bit! And there's snakes in them waters too!! Big ones! Gators too!! RUN MAN RUN!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          First off Shane, it's FRESH water... and there ain't no croker! You wouldn't like it a bit! And there's snakes in them waters too!! Big ones! Gators too!! RUN MAN RUN!!

Can't be worse than Ray's and sharks! Lol!
                          At least everything won't corrode away so fast!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            My FIL's old place is directly across that main cove closest to the point! lol There are/were some AWESOME brush tops right out in front of that dock! That is a bit north of my stomping grounds though. I spend almost all my time south of there.

As far as fishing goes... Find grass and you'll find fish. My end of the lake has been grassless the past couple years which makes the fishing pretty tough. Hydrilla is prime stuff on the south end! Also find your brush tops, and off shore structure. That's how the tourney guys win money. I'm a weekend warrior right now at this stage of life, so when I go I just beat the bank looking for grass and fish points. I choose to try and just catch a few and cross my fingers I run across a big one by luck. I don't have the hours to put in to directly target the big girls.
                            Appreciate the info! I'll probably be the guy that beats the bank in the beginning. Just try and feel my way around a bit first! I definitely need to learn where the stumps are....

I'll look funny out there with a Shoalwater but I ain't skeered.

Comment

I haven’t been on that lake since college! Keep saying I’m gonna go spank the slabs there sometime! Maybe a future TBH crappie fest location!

Comment

Working...
                              X