Traditional FSC Week 49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 49

For this challenge, take a BEFORE-SHOT picture of the back of the target bottle or box to show where the spot you make is.

The challenge is to work on quartering away angle shots, taken from elevation. The target is one we have shot before -- a milk jug or soda jug or even a small box, set at a 45-degree angle, with the shooter at some safe level of elevation from 11 yards (Kiddos can shoot from ground). Trying to simulate a close, quartering-away shot from a raised platform blind, for instance. The aimpoint is hidden from view, however, as you make a dime-sized spot at the back-side exit point of the arrow -- low and away.

Winner will be the one with the closest part of shaft to the center of the spot. For fun -- optional -- fill the jug with colored water so that you can easily see the vertical difference between the entry hole and the exit, which will show the level of the colored water and tell you the vertical angle of the shot after the water drains from the lower exit hole. I plan to use a broadhead, which will make a neat drain hole.

You can try this up to three times on different days and use the same jug/box without needing to take BEFORE pictures after the first day.

Will post pics of set-up on phone edit shortly.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    For this challenge, take a BEFORE-SHOT picture of the back of the target bottle or box to show where the spot you make is.

The challenge is to work on quartering away angle shots, taken from elevation. The target is one we have shot before -- a milk jug or soda jug or even a small box, set at a 45-degree angle, with the shooter at some safe level of elevation from 11 yards (Kiddos can shoot from ground). Trying to simulate a close, quartering-away shot from a raised platform blind, for instance. The aimpoint is hidden from view, however, as you make a dime-sized spot at the back-side exit point of the arrow -- low and away.

Winner will be the one with the closest part of shaft to the center of the spot. For fun -- optional -- fill the jug with colored water so that you can easily see the vertical difference between the entry hole and the exit, which will show the level of the colored water and tell you the vertical angle of the shot after the water drains from the lower exit hole. I plan to use a broadhead, which will make a neat drain hole.

You can try this up to three times on different days and use the same jug/box without needing to take BEFORE pictures after the first day.

Will post pics of set-up on phone edit shortly.
    Picture showing dime-size spot

Pic showing back of jug in set-up

Pic showing front view of set-up

The only BEFORE picture y'all need to post would be similar to middle pic, showing spot location on back of jug or box as set up.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tradtiger; 12-01-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Shot this from a ladder: 4-1/4

Comment

Nice call, will try to set up and shoot it tomorrow.

Comment

It measures 2 3/4" to the corner of box, so I'm guessing approximately 3"

Day1: 3"

Comment

I think you killed that critter box, Reb! Nice shot!

Comment

Day2: 1/8" ,

Comment

Traditional FSC Week 49

Hey TxRebel,

What kinda targets are those black hexagon things behind your box, and where can they be bought????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This innovative archery target consists of interchangeable, replaceable modules, allowing the user to maximize their target's lifespan. Replacement modules can be ordered individually, avoiding the need to replace an entire target every season.

Bisch, They are expensive!!! I'm keeping track of the number of shots made in the center hex only. The middle hex (top middle in pic) has over 400 shot with field points. I have not shot broadheads at it yet. So far it has held up better than my foam target.

Is it worth the price? I don't know, only time and shots will tell. You could buy a lot of bag targets for the price of one

Comment

Dang, Reb.... 1/8"!!!! Excellent!!

Comment

Didn't touch Reb's shot, but Day 2 was better than my first day: 1-15/16"

Comment

^^^^^^^ Nice shot tradtiger, 1 15/16 isn't bad. I wish I could say mine was all skill, but it was mostly luck.^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                        X