Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Astros County

I have some time on my hands for a little bit, so let's break this Series down. On May 23, the Astros lost to the White Sox 4-0 and the Nationals fell to the Mets 6-4. Houston was 33-18, Washington was 19-31, 1.5 games better than the Marlins for the worst record in the NL. Since May 23 (postseason not included):

Houston: 74-37
    Washington: 74-38

Spooooooky.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      So the games will be on Fox? Does that mean we still have to listen to Joe $uck?
      We'll all find out if he's a Nationals fan...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Go Stros!!

Gonna be fun to watch the World Series, but I'd bet it won't be near as good a series as the one we just finished. That was the 2 best teams in baseball playing each other and the best team won.

I wouldn’t bet the farm on that… These pitching matchups have the potential to be epic! It doesn’t always work out that way, but the Yankees didn’t have pitching like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-21-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

This is a scary Nats team to have to face right now. Incredible matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Official
            Cole
            JV
            Greinke
            JV short 1 day his normal rest???

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post

I don’t think so. Regular 4 days rest. Pitched Friday and will pitch Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                Nope. Normal Rest!

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  This is a scary Nats team to have to face right now. Incredible matchup.
                  You going to the games??

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Yep.

Some guys need to see this because the Nationals are a good team with 3 aces that are all hot at the right time..... 2 of which you can argue can match equally with Cole and Verlander which is very scary.

Oh.... And they have a deserving MVP candidate...
                    Last edited by 150class; 10-21-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Looks like scherzer for game 1 and Strasburg for game 2.

Comment

The Nationals have been a great team the last 2/3rd of the season and throughout the playoffs. Heck, they beat the Dodgers and demolished the cardinals. Having said that, I firmly beleive they will come out flat, offensively, the first two games due to the long break without competitive play. If Washington can't win one of the first two games, I feel its a 5-game series win for the stros.

Comment

Comment

Go Astros!!

I’ll be watching game 1 from a restaurant in Baton Rouge with some clients.

If I can get back in time I might have to go to game 2.

If the series comes back home for a game 6 I’ll definitely be there.

Comment

Game day!

Comment

After being petitioned by MLB to open the roof for the WS, the Astros have decided to keep it closed for the first 2 games here...

I honestly dont get it, I love outdoor fall weather in Houston, and it is supposed to be PERFECT at game time....and I believe it would benefit them having to go to DC this weekend and play outdoors....

The Texans absolutely refuse to open that roof , dont even know why we paid for a retractable roof over there

Personally I love outdoor sports, when the weather is like this, wish it was open tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X