Rib injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
    Cracked three ribs and my doctor told me they don't encourage wrapping. He said it can lead to shallow breathing. Full strength Tylenol was all I took because the pain pills he gave me knocked me out. Coughing and sneezing hurt the worse.
    Yep I am dealing with the same now. Dr at Rotary told me not to wrap

Comment

So you got that stump marked on gps now?

Comment

Instead of laying down just sit back in a recliner where the pressure is the best is my only advice. They just take time and it bites.

Comment

Yup... I'm with Brandon and Robert. Dr told me last year NOT to wrap

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            I had a bad rib injury. Many broken. Only relief was when a friend brought me a joint. I ended up calling him back and getting a hook up on a quarter oz.

Best 25 bucks i have spent on medicine. It hurt to breath, eat, sleep, sit, stand, lay down.

people will frown at it but thats no dang lie, in 2013 on my way home from work one afternoon a woman pulled out in front of me and I T boned her at 65mph, I was driving a honda civic. I broke my right hip, fractured my right wrist, broke 4 ribs on one side and 3 on the other and destroyed my knees (and the lower dash of my car). The doctors couldn't really do anything for any of my injuries aside from give me pain meds and they sent me home the same night. The pain meds didnt do anything but make me nauseous...and throwing up with broken ribs is probably the worst pain ive ever felt in my life.... Had one of my best friends do the same for me as I was in a wheelchair and out of work for 3+ months anyhow so it didn't matter. That stuff helped me unbelievably well for ALL of the pain I was experiencing. Some of my family looked down on it but within 3 days they changed their minds when they saw just how big a difference it made.

Comment

Icee-hot and aspercream will help ease the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                people will frown at it but thats no dang lie, in 2013 on my way home from work one afternoon a woman pulled out in front of me and I T boned her at 65mph, I was driving a honda civic. I broke my right hip, fractured my right wrist, broke 4 ribs on one side and 3 on the other and destroyed my knees (and the lower dash of my car). The doctors couldn't really do anything for any of my injuries aside from give me pain meds and they sent me home the same night. The pain meds didnt do anything but make me nauseous...and throwing up with broken ribs is probably the worst pain ive ever felt in my life.... Had one of my best friends do the same for me as I was in a wheelchair and out of work for 3+ months anyhow so it didn't matter. That stuff helped me unbelievably well for ALL of the pain I was experiencing. Some of my family looked down on it but within 3 days they changed their minds when they saw just how big a difference it made.

yep same here. Pain meds when you took enough to ease the pain made me sick and grouchy. The herbal meds lifted my spirit, even cracked a few smiles and a laugh from time to time. Got comfy and was able to relax and heal.

People can look down on me all they want.

From experience. weed has been the best pain, and stress relief when injured. Food is important as well as state of mind for healing.

Comment

Dadgummit, Kris! I have had several broken ribs, and it is not fun. Nothing tomdo but take pain meds and wait it out!

Comment

Don't wrap them. Ribs flex and wrapping won't do any good. Ibuprofen and/or aspirin. Then avoid laughing, sneezing, coughing, and sleeping on them. Good luck. Haha. I broke 4 ribs two years ago when I got T boned and it took a full 6 months before I started feeling normal. Then a full year before the I felt good enough to do strenuous activity.

Comment

Working...
                    X