No announcement yet.

Severe Drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What compounded the 2011 drought was the bulk of it happened during a string of 100+ degree days during the summer. It was brutal. It is as dry here in East Texas as I have ever seen it this time of year. There are swampy places that are drying up that I have never seen not holding water

Comment

It is getting dry here in Coke County. We did get a freak 8" rain late in September. That gave us some good subsoil moisture, but the wheat is dying for lack of moisture now. Lots of good grass in the low places for the time being. I sold most of the cows anyway. They were getting old and I have no intention of feeding them through a drought. 2011 saw a wildfire burn 75% of this place then we had the summer of 100 plus days of 100 or over degree highs and no rain to speak of. It was miserable for man and beast. We did feed the wildlife to keep it alive but the livestock was sold early on. I have a gut feeling that we are about to see a rerun.

Comment

Some of Tx is getting some much needed rain. Farmlogs said I’ve gotten .78 so far. First measurable rain in months. Thank you lord

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          Some of Tx is getting some much needed rain. Farmlogs said I’ve gotten .78 so far. First measurable rain in months. Thank you lord
          We have have been months without any measurable rain and now have about 4.5” in 24 hours. I’m thinking the cracks in my yard have closed up by now. Still have another day of rain forecast.

Comment

I’ve been listening to the rain for the last few hours (great sound). Just checked the cabin for leaks. There is even some puddling outside. I was getting worried about my oak trees, already had a giant fall. I pray this is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

About 3-4 inches in last 36 hours on the coast. Annoying

Comment

We’re here in F burg now and leaving early, bummer. Went to property in Mountain Home yesterday. Supposed to be gallons of rain headed this way. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Almost hit a inch on the gauge so far, been a steady rain since two this morning. Sure was needed.

Comment

Hoping for some today. I’m close to telling the Cowmsn to pull the cows off if we don’t get substantial rain soon.

Comment

We have had rain in Houston since Friday. Wish I could push some back towards Central,TX. We needed it here at my house so I was happy to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Almost hit a inch on the gauge so far, been a steady rain since two this morning. Sure was needed.

Good to hear Radar!

Comment

1.3 across the river. It was desperately needed.

Comment

Getting a good rain around Corpus right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been slowly raining here in sisterdale, my radishes, and turnips in the field hopefully will get peppy again
                              Tuesday forecast is in the 20’s

Comment

2.75” last I checked and still raining here south of Hondo. Had a few periods of pretty heavy rain, but mostly just a good soaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X