Interesting story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting story

Friday evening I shot this buck while he was chasing a doe around in some light brush about 125 yards from my blind. He would never stop moving so I waited until he slowed to a brisk walk and let off a shot. I don’t know if I just plain flinched or possibly hit a twig, but either way I hit him low and back, basically a gut shot. Light was growing scarce so I immediately left my blind to look for blood. I found very little at the exact spot I hit him, but followed a light trail for about 50 yards and completely lost it. It was pitch dark by then. My lease is very remote and I don’t have cell service, so calling in a dog was out of the question. I prayed that night that the buck was “still alive with a slight flesh wound or that I could find him in the morning”. Yesterday morning at first light I went to the last drop of blood I found the night before and started my search again. I made it about another 100 yards when the trail completely disappeared. After about an hour of going back over and back over the last spot, I gave up and prayed again that the buck would be ok. I headed back to my blind to gather my stuff. There is a small tank about 25 yards East of my blind. As I walked past it, I glanced over my shoulder at it, and lo and behold, there was my buck laying dead in about a foot of water. Not only had I found him, but the cool water in the tank kept the meat from spoiling. He had completely doubled-back at least 200 yards from where I saw the last blood drop. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways! Can I get an Amen?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-22-2020, 09:20 AM.

Amen nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Amen.

Comment

That’s cool!

Comment

Nice buck....glad you found him!

Comment

Wow...you were lucky and blessed to recover him. Nice buck too.....congrats.

I wonder just how many times this scenario plays itself out...where deer aren’t recovered when they in fact die from the injury but never found. Unfortunately, I bet it happens more often than we will ever know.

Comment

Great deer and story. Cool how prayers work. I'll give a testimony.

Years ago my Dad was hunting the DCNF.on the edge of a grown up clear cut with black berry briers 8ft high. Right at daybreak he shot a stud.bunch of deer there and he didnt know which way the deer went. No blood. Just to be safe while trailing dad put a blaze orange toboggan over the one he was wearing. With no indication of a hit he circled through the briers in a hopeless effort but no luck.

After giving up he got back to the truck and prayed that God would show him the deer as he was positive of the hold. He got in the truck planning to go home and call me. Pretty cell phone days. When he looked in the mirror he realized his blaze orange toboggan was missing. He headed back and soon saw it in a berry briar 7ft high. He tore in toward it and 10ft before he got there lay his dead deer.
              Last edited by GarGuy; 11-22-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Ha. That is amazing GG.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Gut shot deer tend to want water or cover. Glad it worked out. Congrats on a beautiful buck![emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the buck.

Comment

Congratulations on a great write up and a great buck.

Comment

All animals have a tendency to go to water if injured

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment

Amen!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X