The Remainder of the Season LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Remainder of the Season LIVE

Here’s a recap of what we’ve done so far. I killed a doe, Tito is tagged out, Hunter has killed 2 does, my daughter killed her first deer, smoked a bunch of meat for my mom’s birthday, and made a whole pile of memories.

I left my house at 5:45 this morning with (at least I hope) every piece of hunting equipmentI own and won’t be back home until Tuesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. It certainly wasn’t my intent or plan, but I fell into a partnership in the outfitter side of the property we lease from and opening day is about to sneak up and bite me in the butt if I’m not real quick about getting stuff set up!

We’re booked solid for the first 3 weeks for the most part but most are repeat hunters that will be pretty turn key so I’ll be doing plenty of hunting for myself. Cell cams this past week have been slow during the day and busy at night but no one has hunted in over a week so pressure is low. Bucks should be getting separated pretty quick and things should really start picking up. Pull up your comfortable chair because we’re in for the long haul. ETA 2pm and I’ll be in the stand around 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun in for the ride

Comment

We are getting past the full moon. 4 to 10 days past are when I see best day movements.

Comment

Good luck brother! Tuned in

Comment

I’m in homie!!!
          Be safe on the drive!

Comment

Waiting and watching. Good luck.

Comment

Crossing the Rio Rojo so that means we’re close! I should have time to unload most of my stuff and head straight to the blind. Pretty sure I’ll be on the Snow Cone Stand this evening. Pigs have been there almost every afternoon and I just can’t allow that. There’s also a stud 8pt and a low 150’s 10 hanging around. Beautiful day up here in the handle too!

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Following!!!

Comment

Not exactly how you want to find camp. Thank God nothing was damaged besides trees.

Headed in to the snow cone stand running late as usual.

Comment

What’s the hit list look like??

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        What’s the hit list look like??

Good luck!

I’ll cruise back through the cams for this stand and drop a couple of pics. I have to move this camera closer to the feeder. Out of convenience it’s about 20yds away but it’s hard to get good detail. As is always the case, several of our bigger deer never actually make it to the feeder pen. I’ll post a couple of what I have though.

I’m in, blew 2 does out on the way in that I think were bedded. Camp took a pretty big hit from the ice storm so that just adds some excitement to the never ending list of things that need to be done. Wind is ideal, temps are a little warm, and this feeder has been busy. With any luck on our side we should dump the string this evening.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                            I’ll cruise back through the cams for this stand and drop a couple of pics. I have to move this camera closer to the feeder. Out of convenience it’s about 20yds away but it’s hard to get good detail. As is always the case, several of our bigger deer never actually make it to the feeder pen. I’ll post a couple of what I have though.

I’m in, blew 2 does out on the way in that I think were bedded. Camp took a pretty big hit from the ice storm so that just adds some excitement to the never ending list of things that need to be done. Wind is ideal, temps are a little warm, and this feeder has been busy. With any luck on our side we should dump the string this evening.

Prove it

Comment

I'm in looking forward to this one...good luck this evening, Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X