No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great day in Terrell County filling feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be out there tomorrow probably around 2. Give me a shout 737-781-8081 I get limited service so a text is best way. How is the weather hot and windy LOL

Comment

Was a good day for us. Temp was good, but as usual was windy. Got all feeders filled and found a few sheds. A lot of the cactus we’re beginning to bloom with the rains the week before, but you could tell how dry it has been. Looks like they may get some more rain tonight. Let’s hope. Would be nice for a good shower once a week throughout the summer.

Comment

I know they got a shower out there yesterday evening, game camera showed the ground was wet. Got my feeder filled to the max, will be going again in about 3 weeks to work on blinds and feeders. Not waiting till the last minute this year.

Comment

Had a notification on my FarmLogs account this AM when I woke up and showed 2/10” rain at my feeder last night. I’ll take every tenth I can get out there.

Comment

Looks like it’s gonna be a scorcher out there this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Looks like it’s gonna be a scorcher out there this weekend!

I was out there one day last June to fill feeders and when I got to the ranch the thermometer said 113 at 2 PM. One of the other lease members saw it read 116. We could only get the camp house to "cool down" to 89, but considering the high it felt pretty darn good. I'm glad I got my turn feeding done in April. I'd like to go at least one time in June before I have my hip replacement surgery on the 26th.

I got a new trigger and scope on my AR and a new 6.5 x 55 I'm itching to air out on some sheep and pigs. But, those temperatures will make me stay home for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  I was out there one day last June to fill feeders and when I got to the ranch the thermometer said 113 at 2 PM. One of the other lease members saw it read 116. We could only get the camp house to "cool down" to 89, but considering the high it felt pretty darn good. I'm glad I got my turn feeding done in April. I'd like to go at least one time in June before I have my hip replacement surgery on the 26th.

I got a new trigger and scope on my AR and a new 6.5 x 55 I'm itching to air out on some sheep and pigs. But, those temperatures will make me stay home for sure.

We are considering doing our July feeder-fill at night. Get there around 2-3am and fill during the dark and back on the road mid-morning. Last July fill it was 108 and couldn't touch anything metal without gloves. Was miserable.

Comment

Good idea. We've done similar before, but it wasn't only feeders we needed to fill. We had to work on the windmill as well so that had to be done in daylight. Left here at 0300 and hit the lease by 0730. done filling feeders by noon and then on to the windmill.

Comment

Comment

whats the average lease go for out in that area? One with great road access and creek drainages with trees?

Comment

Went out last weekend. Changed out 3 feeders and added new blind. We lucked out. Friday and most of Saturday, it was cloudy and drizzling. It was nice to work in. Saturday around 3:00 it heated up but we were finished with work

Comment

I’m anxious to go, but I had hip surgery last week and now it looks like it will be about another month or two before I can get out.

Comment

Heading out Wednesday about dark. That way we can do most of the work in the dark and early morning hours. Only a month later than originally planned, but such is life. Anxious to get back out there and see how things look.

Comment

They have some rain out there. Lots of my deer pics showed the rain, wet weather. Looks like the deer were loving it. Had these at the feeder yesterday morning.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by texan4ut; 08-20-2018, 11:59 AM. Reason: Add a picture

Comment

Working...
                                X