Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the doe!

Bummer on the tickets but the law is the law.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

Comment

I hunted with a girl on Sunday night who's dad is a game warden. After hearing of Steven's ticket we called him to get some clarification on the "over processed" rule since we travel with deer in the ice chest home from our hunting locations to our local processors. He sounded shocked that the ticket was given.

At Steven's expense, I learned a law that I have never heard of before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
        What a bummer! Hate to hear this about good folks making an honest mistake and getting hammered. There sure are a lot of thieves and dirtbags out there that could better utilize the time these folks spent with yall.
        Very true, however, in addition to dealing with "dirtbags" we have to deal with domestic violence, accidents, DWI's, people with mental problems, help the fire department, etc. If everyone obeyed traffic laws and drove safely we could quit writing tickets and accident reports and have more time to deal with "dirtbags". Problem is, the biggest citizen complaint where I work is traffic. The same people who complain about it also complain on us when they get the ticket for us doing the job they want us to do.

I'm sure the GW is the same way. If the "upstanding" and "ethical" hunters would abide by all the laws the GW's would have more time to deal with the more serious violations. Not saying anyone on here is unethical, we are all ignorant on some laws, I'm sure. Just saying if the GW wasn't finding as many minor violations as he does he would probably be able to spend more time looking for the major violations.

Good thread. Thanks for your input as to why you left it open Michael.

Comment

From my summer of lurking and few weeks signed on here, I have come to believe that a well-intentioned, disciplined hunter made a mistake and got two tickets. I'm sorry to hear that it happened but I would expect a ticket in that situation. I'm certain it won't happen to him again.

As for discretion on the GW's part, how about this totally hypothetical scenario? I hunt in an AR county. If I shoot a 12 1/2" inside spread buck, do I deserve a warning because it didn't meet the criteria even though I truly believed it was 13"? I've heard you can get a warning for it but I would expect repercussions. I would be sad but I would know it was my own mistake and I have to take ownership of that. What if I didn't know about the restriction?

I think the tug-of-war (I prefer to think of it as discussion or debate) is healthy in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
            Its just like the swine flu scares. The people who screamed about school being let out and having to spend the week with their kids would be the first ones in line to hire an attorney if the school district DIDNT shut down.
            REALLY? The Swine Flu...You've got about ten post on this one thread and haven't really said anything.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
              REALLY? The Swine Flu...You've got about ten post on this one thread and haven't really said anything.
              Make it about 11 then, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Just thought I would stop in and see how this thread is progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                  Charlie's post about the tag staying with the carcass has me thinking. If a deer is skinned and quartered at camp and put in an ice chest and covered with ice, how would you protect the tag so the ink would not run or smear and be illegible when and if checked by a game warden? I, like Steven, have always tagged the head and kept it with the ice chest for proof of sex until final disposition. Seems like putting the tag in a wet environment is asking for trouble.
                  I just compared the law with the TPWD annual and there is one key word that is changed. The annual says "attached" to the carcass while the law says the tag must remain "with" the carcass. My understanding was as long as the tagged head stayed with the carcass, that was acceptable. If the two are going separate ways, the tag must go with the carcass and you must fill out a wildlife resource document for the head. Now I'm wondering if my understanding is correct or incorrect.

Comment

It may have been answered earlier, I didn't see it. Is there a logical reason to have a log on the back of the license? Seems to serve no useful purpose. Only seems to add a violation opportunity. There may be a reason for the log... but I don't know what it is.

Comment

the log is to allow a person to kill two bucks in one buck counties. The log "proves" you didn't kill 2 bucks from same one buck county. It was actually added to benefit hunter opprotunity

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                        the log is to allow a person to kill two bucks in one buck counties. The log "proves" you didn't kill 2 bucks from same one buck county. It was actually added to benefit hunter opprotunity
                        Well, there you go. I was not aware of that. thanx for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsatt View Post
                          Sounds a little "feather legged" to me, too.

Sorry to hear, Steven.
                          What is "feather legged" about it? He broke two laws and he received two tickets. That was that officer's discretion and we also are only hearing Steven's side of the story. The picture taking indicates to me that Steven and Michael might have had an attitude problem at some point. I am disappointed in Steven and Michael for how they handled this situation. I feel that they should accept the fact that they broke the law and simply use this as an oppourtunity to educate others.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter09 View Post
                            What is "feather legged" about it? He broke two laws and he received two tickets. That was that officer's discretion and we also are only hearing Steven's side of the story. The picture taking indicates to me that Steven and Michael might have had an attitude problem at some point. I am disappointed in Steven and Michael for how they handled this situation. I feel that they should accept the fact that they broke the law and simply use this as an oppourtunity to educate others.
                            great first post.....

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              It may have been answered earlier, I didn't see it. Is there a logical reason to have a log on the back of the license? Seems to serve no useful purpose. Only seems to add a violation opportunity. There may be a reason for the log... but I don't know what it is.
                              along with what BW said

you also have to mark a box if you kill a buck over 13 inches in an AR county

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter09 View Post
                                You don't know much about TBH, that is obvious... It is all about the video. In this case pictures... you know the old saying, if there are NO pictures... it did not happen.

AS far as how it was handled... How many views and HOW many post on this situation... Sounds like ALOT of folks have been educated.

Well, over 4000 views on this thread alone. That is better than a commercial. what more could you ask for.
                                Last edited by Huntindad; 10-05-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X