No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling I'm a member of the Covid Club, I just haven't gotten confirmation yet. One of my coworkers texted me Saturday morning and said he woke up with a fever, a headache, body aches, & a cough. We went to lunch together on Friday (in his truck), so I was kind of like, "Yeah, that's probably not good." Fast forward to yesterday evening, and I had a fever of 102. My temperature was around 99 this morning, but I checked it again this afternoon and it was 100. He got tested on Saturday, but hasn't gotten the results back yet. I would have to assume that if he tests positive, then I have it. I'm getting tested tomorrow morning, but I'm assuming it will probably be next week before I know for sure. I'm acting as if I have it though, so pretty much stuck in the bedroom with a full spread of vitamins, medicines, & hydration.

And just as a heads up, my Dad said he read a few years ago where someone had been recommended these medicines by a nurse to help shorten the duration of flu-like symptoms. At least from what the nurse said, these medicines worked better than what was typically prescribed for the flu. Not sure if that's true, but worth a shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      And just as a heads up, my Dad said he read a few years ago where someone had been recommended these medicines by a nurse to help shorten the duration of flu-like symptoms. At least from what the nurse said, these medicines worked better than what was typically prescribed for the flu. Not sure if that's true, but worth a shot.
      I take that Boiron product on a regular basis every Flu season & have yet to catch it...little expensive but got a good track record here.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I take that Boiron product on a regular basis every Flu season & have yet to catch it...little expensive but got a good track record here.
        Good to know. Hey, if something helps, it's worth the money.

Comment

I had very mild symptoms (below/less than the recommended minimums) a little over a week ago. Went to the local test site to get tested near Cypress. They said it would be 3-5 calendar days for results and now we are well over a week and nothing. I made about 12 calls between yesterday and today, all I got was they will call you. One lady at Harris County Health admitted it took over two weeks for her mother to get her results.

Now I sit here with absolutely no symptoms, trying to do the responsible thing and self isolate, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I have a feeling I'm a member of the Covid Club, I just haven't gotten confirmation yet. One of my coworkers texted me Saturday morning and said he woke up with a fever, a headache, body aches, & a cough. We went to lunch together on Friday (in his truck), so I was kind of like, "Yeah, that's probably not good." Fast forward to yesterday evening, and I had a fever of 102. My temperature was around 99 this morning, but I checked it again this afternoon and it was 100. He got tested on Saturday, but hasn't gotten the results back yet. I would have to assume that if he tests positive, then I have it. I'm getting tested tomorrow morning, but I'm assuming it will probably be next week before I know for sure. I'm acting as if I have it though, so pretty much stuck in the bedroom with a full spread of vitamins, medicines, & hydration.

Oscillococcinum is great stuff. However, my wife is a nurse and I heard her talking to her best friend (another nurse practitioner) and they were saying Elderberry supplements can make things worse with COVID. I am not the expert here but my wife is pretty sharp and she was warning against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              I had very mild symptoms (below/less than the recommended minimums) a little over a week ago. Went to the local test site to get tested near Cypress. They said it would be 3-5 calendar days for results and now we are well over a week and nothing. I made about 12 calls between yesterday and today, all I got was they will call you. One lady at Harris County Health admitted it took over two weeks for her mother to get her results.

Now I sit here with absolutely no symptoms, trying to do the responsible thing and self isolate, but this is getting ridiculous.
              Hence me saying our health care system is terrible at handling this. And why I did the rapid tests. Drove a little over an hour each way to get to the place just to not have to wait. Worth it.

Hope everybody heals up quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Interesting you say this.

Did you pay to get tested?? Wife just read me an article on fraudulent testing so not sure if it's only those who pay and/or those scamming govt funds??

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                  Oscillococcinum is great stuff. However, my wife is a nurse and I heard her talking to her best friend (another nurse practitioner) and they were saying Elderberry supplements can make things worse with COVID. I am not the expert here but my wife is pretty sharp and she was warning against it.
                  Interesting.

Comment

My coworker tested positive, so I'm sure I'm not too far behind. I'm getting tested this morning, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Second test was negative as well. Clear for duty with zero restrictions!
                      Did your employer require a negative test to go back to work? The reason I'm asking is the virus can stay in your body for several days after you are no longer contagious. All the medical people I have talked to say they only require 10 to 14 days with the last 3 with no signs or fever while not taking medicine.

Comment

Deerplanter is correct, I had o e guy still testing pos after 3 rounds of quarantine, he was out 10 weeks before he got a neg and clear to work

Comment

One of my kids test came back today . She is negative. Still waiting on 3 more tests.

Comment

Everything I've read and been told by a doc is do NOT take elderberry for COVID. The cytokine storm that COVID causes is basically like an auto-immune response. Elderberry makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Everything I've read and been told by a doc is do NOT take elderberry for COVID. The cytokine storm that COVID causes is basically like an auto-immune response. Elderberry makes it worse.
                              Well that answers that. Thanks for the information.

Comment

I have symptoms and had a virtual appt this morning. Doc said it sounds like covid so I'm getting tested tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X