2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    The closer you get to Pass Cavallo and big jetty area are of coarse loaded up with them pretty good.

No doubt. Hence, the fish tote. We wade the shoreline between the jetties and the pass all the time as well as the hump and city slicker. We actually waded there this weekend fishing the Short Stick Shootout (everyone has to use Disney kids rod and reel combos). I pulled 2nd place big red off the shoreline there and got about a thousand odd stares working a topwater with a Paw Patrol rod!

Comment

I have buckets set up to keep sharks from getting my fish when I fish sharky areas. I have had sharks work on my 5 gallon buckets trying to get fish. Back when Do Nets were a thing I had several of them ruined by sharks. You may not have had one tear up your fish bag deal yet, but give it time. If they can smell them they will eventually get after it. And it's not going to stand up to a decent sized shark. They can chew on and pull on my shark buckets but they don't tear them up. If a shark is big enough to crush a 5 gallon bucket he can have my fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
        No doubt. Hence, the fish tote. We wade the shoreline between the jetties and the pass all the time as well as the hump and city slicker. We actually waded there this weekend fishing the Short Stick Shootout (everyone has to use Disney kids rod and reel combos). I pulled 2nd place big red off the shoreline there and got about a thousand odd stares working a topwater with a Paw Patrol rod!

City Slicker? Not familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          City Slicker? Not familiar.

It would be the shoreline as you come out of the little jetties heading towards the pass on your right. Between the Little Mary’s and the little jetties.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            It would be the shoreline as you come out of the little jetties heading towards the pass on your right. Between the Little Mary’s and the little jetties.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

There good wading on the south side of Little Mary's between it and Saluria as well. Some people lump that in as City Slicker as well. We call it the bucket because there is a PVC pole sticking out of the sandbar with a white bucket on it and it has been there for years. There is a guy that runs close to the shoreline then a big sand flat followed by another gut (they run parallel to the shoreline). There is a little mixed shell in some areas on around the middle. We typically wad from the small island on just off the shoreline towards little Mary's.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                I have buckets set up to keep sharks from getting my fish when I fish sharky areas. I have had sharks work on my 5 gallon buckets trying to get fish. Back when Do Nets were a thing I had several of them ruined by sharks. You may not have had one tear up your fish bag deal yet, but give it time. If they can smell them they will eventually get after it. And it's not going to stand up to a decent sized shark. They can chew on and pull on my shark buckets but they don't tear them up. If a shark is big enough to crush a 5 gallon bucket he can have my fish.
                If i can see the sharks, I get my butt outta their water. I'm not man enough to wait for them to crush a five gallon bucket!

I have never had a shark get to crazy with my but I have had a dolphin swim between my legs and that hurt and it scared the heck out of me....I'm sure there's a dolphin talking to his dolphin buddies about getting crapped on by some dude and thats why he doesn't go up to Indianola any more haha.

Comment

Only problem I ever had with sharks at POC was once wading near the old coral pens (between them and the "cedar trees"... This pesky little sandy kept running up into the shallow water where I was wading and chasing my fish on the stringer... I was fishing with a mirror lure and he'd follow that in then switch over to my strung fish... well after about the third time of doing that, I wound up the lure to the rod tip and whacked that sucker on the back when he swam by... Yep, you know it... I stuck him right in the back with all three hooks of that mirro lure!! The fight was on!!! All's I can say is that it didn't end well for him that day...

Comment

I'll take 5 sharks for every ray I wade past

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Me too!!

Comment

I've been hit by a ray, and sharks worry me more. I know that you are way more likely to get hit by a ray

Sharks just look sinister cruising around the water.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Only problem I ever had with sharks at POC was once wading near the old coral pens (between them and the "cedar trees"... This pesky little sandy kept running up into the shallow water where I was wading and chasing my fish on the stringer... I was fishing with a mirror lure and he'd follow that in then switch over to my strung fish... well after about the third time of doing that, I wound up the lure to the rod tip and whacked that sucker on the back when he swam by... Yep, you know it... I stuck him right in the back with all three hooks of that mirro lure!! The fight was on!!! All's I can say is that it didn't end well for him that day...
                          Haha I bet not! My buddy has a house on the island further east of there and we woke up early one morning and waded the flat in front of the house. My friend had a dolphin NAIL his top water and it was on. He got spooled after a just few minutes of fighting it but that is the only time i have heard of a dolphin hitting someones lure. I wouldnt have believed it but I was standing right next to him when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            We had rays all over us at greens this weekend. I stopped counting at 10.

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

I had rather tangle with a shark I think. At least they for the most part let you know they are there. You don’t know a Ray is there until it’s too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                                We had rays all over us at greens this weekend. I stopped counting at 10.
                                Every time I've been over in Green's it's always loaded with rays.

Comment

Working...
                                X