No announcement yet.

Jacob Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheeler is a stud but he won't pass KVD unless he wins 4 Classics, which doesn't seem likely given the current tournament environment. If he keeps up, he'll definitely be a Top 10 All Time.

Jordan Lee has a chance to be on KVD's level because of the 2 Classics but needs to crush the MLF format.

The hard part is comparing today's fisherman with the advanced level of electronics to the Roland Martin's, KVD early on, etc. It would be equivalent to a MLB player using a metal bat and comparing them to Ruth, Mantle, William, Aaron, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
      Wheeler is a stud but he won't pass KVD unless he wins 4 Classics, which doesn't seem likely given the current tournament environment. If he keeps up, he'll definitely be a Top 10 All Time.

Jordan Lee has a chance to be on KVD's level because of the 2 Classics but needs to crush the MLF format.

The hard part is comparing today's fisherman with the advanced level of electronics to the Roland Martin's, KVD early on, etc. It would be equivalent to a MLB player using a metal bat and comparing them to Ruth, Mantle, William, Aaron, etc.
      Yup, and that stuff just keeps getting better and better. That is why I like the MLF format a little better. It doesn't allow them to totally rely on their electronics.

Comment

Well put!! 4 Classic wins, 7 OY's and 25 Elite wins is a pretty amazing accomplishment! I've been wanting to see a tournament with all of the professional fishermen fish without electronics. Would be interesting.
        Last edited by Duckhead78; 06-30-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
          Well put!! 4 Classic wins, 7 OY's and 25 Elite wins is a pretty amazing accomplishment! I've been wanting to see a tournament with all of the professional fishermen fish without electronics. Would be interesting.
          Most of them couldn't do it. I absolutely HATE the MLF shows when they're on smallmouth lakes. Let me drop a little worm off the side of the boat and jiggle it...........BORING!!!!

Comment

To me it’s like comparing Tiger to Jack. Yes, Jack had crappier equipment, but Tiger’s opponents had the better equipment to help them compete against him. The same thing is true of Wheeler vs the old school guys. He may have better equipment than they did, but he’s competing against much better competition, in part due to the advancements in technology, and he’s outclassing everyone in the sport.

Comment

Working...
            X