No announcement yet.

I hate wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel in a garden spray works pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      I approach everything with the attitude that it has a wasp nest in it. I watch it for a minute then decide if I really need to pick it up. Hornets are the worst. I go through 3-6 bottles of wasp killer every year. I hate them!
      Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      WD40 acts like a nerve agent on them and the nests. Ya never have wasp spray around when ya need it, but ya always have WD40
      I try to leave pollinators alone, but there is a line that they cross there is no coming back from.
      Hope you feel better soon BT.
      Soapy water will kill them just as fast and a whole lot cheaper. I killed some bushes in front of my house with wasp spray. Although there is some level of satisfaction from using wasp spray , soapy water won’t kill your plants like the chemicals will.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        I approach everything with the attitude that it has a wasp nest in it. I watch it for a minute then decide if I really need to pick it up. Hornets are the worst. I go through 3-6 bottles of wasp killer every year. I hate them!
        I'm the same way I won't get on the tractor or hook up to a trailer without banging on it with something.. nothing worse than bending down to raise the foot on a trailer and hitting your head on the goose neck because the wasp get after you..

Comment

Eye looks like I have been in a fight. I can see fine but if you touch it the whole upper half of my eye socket hurts

Luckily it did not get my eyeball

Going to keep a can on the 4 wheeler for now

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            #MeToo
            I turn into a baby back bee-otch around those little demons. For some reason they love to sting me

I hate it when they poundmetoo but that I just turn around and pound them with spray and then a heavy boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is really satisfying hitting them with the wasp spray. I do know that a buck of soapy water works really well too and gives you plenty of targets on the ground to stop into the dirt! Also satisfying!

Comment

Same thing happened to me the day before school started one year. I'll assure you no one gave me any grief in Junior High over that.

Comment

Anybody know what those tiny little wasps are called? I have a bunch of them around the house this year. They are colored similar to a yellow jacket but they are smaller than a honey bee and have a surprisingly painful sting for being so small. I've been popped by them several times recently while working on gutters

Comment

I'm going on 30 years of not being stung.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Anybody know what those tiny little wasps are called? I have a bunch of them around the house this year. They are colored similar to a yellow jacket but they are smaller than a honey bee and have a surprisingly painful sting for being so small. I've been popped by them several times recently while working on gutters
                      yeah - they are called @#%(^#&@#(@#&% ***** Heads!

Comment

The red ones hurt! I was talking with my aunt Saturday evening. She was standing in the doorway and one dropped from the sky and stung here on her lip for no stinkin' reason! We got even and killed several after that.

Comment

I had gone for at least twenty five years without being stung. Them good for nothing suckers have gotten me six times in the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Sorry Brian!
                            I felt your pain when I got stung inside my nose. I hunt those buggers every day! Hate red wasps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dawn soap and water

Comment

Got to see them before they see you!

Comment

Working...
                                X