Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and Roland Martin was the master at this kind of thing ^^^

Comment

I wouldn’t call riding the gray area of the rules skeletons. Think KVD didn’t get a lot of info before the big rule changes? His performance sure has dropped off since then....

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        ...and Roland Martin was the master at this kind of thing ^^^
        Yep, He spent a lot of $$ and was very proficient at obtaining local info all over the country. He was probably the only guy at that time that could afford to leave Florida and venture out for weeks at a time pre fishing and learning the lakes. At that time, everyone just showed up for practice and made the best of it.

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        I wouldn’t call riding the gray area of the rules skeletons. Think KVD didn’t get a lot of info before the big rule changes? His performance sure has dropped off since then....
        You're right. There were a lot of guys that were networked in on all the places they travel to on the circuit. It was just the way it worked.

Comment

At least his buddies aren’t beating trash cans when they find a school.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            It wasn't a gray area at the time wheeler supposedly got caught, no info rule was already in effect. As far as Vandam he made hay while the loophole was open for sure, he had a whole network of guys I think, I met one of his "info gatherers" fishing as non boater in the ABA's years ago, he had some interesting stories. Sounded like he mostly got paid in free product LOL but I guess getting to fish 24/7 & living off saltines and ketchup was worth it rather than having a normal 9-5 grind like the rest of us.

Comment

He's one of many of the good flat bill fisherman out there

Comment

Ding

Comment

Dong

Comment

Interesting vid on him trying to be sneaky, it worked

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT8KI2s-or4&feature=emb_logo"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I don't blame him for pulling the wrap off his boat. Especially if his sponsors gave him the green light.
                      Plus you can't even find terminal tackle at Academy right now, so maybe they shouldn't have their name on a boat?
                      Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 06-29-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                        I don't blame him for pulling the wrap off his boat. Especially if his sponsors gave him the green light.
                        Plus you can't even find terminal tackle at Academy right now, so maybe they shouldn't have their name on a boat?
                        None of them?

Comment

Well I can't speak for all of them, but the two closest to me look like they're going out of business. Say they're not, but their inventory in just about every department has been low for a months.

Comment

He’s the best in the world right now, and likely will be for the foreseeable future

Comment

I wonder how many of those dorks actually know why they call it "graphing" an area, as they drive back and forth looking at the fish and structure on HD TV...

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                Please explain if you don't mind? We all have skeletons of some sort!
                                As for the skeletons he's done some questionable stuff in regards to info gathering after the cutoff, he's very good at networking and getting info out of people. He's seen some polygraphs over internal accusations and rumor he's failed some. Nothing was done he already won the high profile event and the organization didn't want to look bad. Not cheating in the traditional sense but none the less cheating.
                                It wasn't a gray area at the time wheeler supposedly got caught, no info rule was already in effect. As far as Vandam he made hay while the loophole was open for sure, he had a whole network of guys I think, I met one of his "info gatherers" fishing as non boater in the ABA's years ago, he had some interesting stories. Sounded like he mostly got paid in free product LOL but I guess getting to fish 24/7 & living off saltines and ketchup was worth it rather than having a normal 9-5 grind like the rest of us.
                                This. Just like the local guy who snagged the fish on Fork during the MLF event, the tournament org. does not like the bad publicity, so they come up with some explanation to allow it to go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X