No announcement yet.

Legal Question about Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to decide which is cheaper insurance deductible, or defense attorney retainer. If you pick the latter there can only be one side of the story being told.

Comment

I wish booby traps were legal

Comment

I agree that shooting a thief, outside of your home, is probably not worth the hassle that comes with it, especially over some wheels. Definitely don’t fire on a car with unknown contents or passengers.

However, I am disgusted that we are expected to sit back and watch scum steal the things that we work hard to purchase. Insurance deductible, plus probable raised rates for the next couple years, plus the headache of not being able to drive your car to get the wheels/tires replaced. I’m sorry, but this is NOT why I have auto insurance. It’s sickening... responsible, hard working, people have to suffer. But the trash can walk free with some extra cash or a new set of dubs for their hoopty.

My wife’s car was recently broken into. It was 2 months old, and empty, so they didn't even get anything. But getting it fixed was a huge hassle that I’m still paying for, so this really strikes a nerve for me.
        Last edited by lungbuster1985; 06-25-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I wish booby traps were legal
          The world would be a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            Plus, my cheapskate *** prolly needed new tires anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            This is me 100%

Comment

My son is a Prosecutor nowadays, you will be charged with assault, he warns me about this stuff, dont wave a chainsaw at anybody either, nor your weapons

Comment

It might be cheaper and definitely less stressful to just move.

Assume every bullet that comes out of your gun has a lawyer attached to it regarding self defense.

Comment

You could always put one of these on your window
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just call the cops, not worth the mental stress you will open yourself up to.

Comment

Why not just click the panic button your key fob, I sure the horn honking and lights flashing would cause them to vacate immediately. I would not really want to confront someone that could be armed over some wheels and tires.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                        You could always put one of these on your window
                        If that went to support the guy in McAllen I'd buy 20 of those!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Few things:
                          1. Isn't there a law making it legal to 'shoot the car jacker'?
                          2. Set up a trap. Watch 'First Blood' for some ideas. Here's my idea. Drive some nails in a few sheets of ply wood, set them nail up on the back side of your truck. Have a trail camera there to catch it all.
                          3. If you do get a shot off and the cops come looking for you. Tell them you are with BLM, it's the new Trump card.
                          4. Air rifle shot to the legs

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            Why not just click the panic button your key fob, I sure the horn honking and lights flashing would cause them to vacate immediately. I would not really want to confront someone that could be armed over some wheels and tires.
                            this ...with video.

Comment

Just be sure you got $100K handy before you squeeze the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X