Legal Question about Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
    To me it is not worth taking a life over car rims. now I know you asked the legality of pulling the trigger and as far as I understand Castle Doctrine would apply here.
    It would be worth it to me if they were my rims, his life isn’t worth nearly as much. The legal battle afterwords is not worth it to me, I’ll buy new rims tomorrow. But if I did, there will only be 1 witness in the courtroom. Shame you can be 100% legal and still have to fight a criminals family in court. I should be able to sue the, for my mental anguish.

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
      Tell them that you know "The Legend" and they wont mess with you
      I heard the legend got hammered and ended up with a face full of sharpie not to long ago...……..?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I heard the legend got hammered and ended up with a face full of sharpie not to long ago...……..?
        We must be talking about a different "Legend". That kind of stuff don't happen too ol GY!!! lmao

Comment

This is probably what “The Legend” looked like
          Attached Files

Comment

We must be talking about a different "Legend". That kind of stuff don't happen too ol GY!!! lmao

No, we're talking about the same nancy ginger. And it happened. Ive seen the pics

Guess I struck a nerve and one of you texted him. Like taking candy from a baby sometimes
            Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-25-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
              Pull the pellets out of a couple of shotgun loads. Your choice to aim with wadding or fire into the ground or air. Lol. If I were stealing shuff at night I’d crap my pants to hear a shotgun slide rack and a blast or two go off. Wadding can cause some damage to, sting like a ..... not legal advice just a possible solution that I might have heard employed and taken the report.

Ummmm DON’T do this. See my previous response regarding justified use of deadly force.

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Shoot their tires out! Or if you have a high cal pistol their engine block.

DON’T do this either.

[quote=SHSU18;14942007]
              Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
              Are paint ball guns considered lethal? Would be nice to light up any thieves AND their transportation with colored dye for ease in tracking them down later!

I like this idea....I can open my side gate and start lighting them up. My house gives me cover if they shoot back and ill obviously have a real gun as well.

Definitely don’t do this. If they do shoot back and you have to engage, it would
              be difficult to defend your position since you instigated the use of deadly force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No, we're talking about the same nancy ginger. And it happened. Ive seen the pics

Guess I struck a nerve and one of you texted him. Like taking candy from a baby sometimes
                Lol it definitely wasn’t me but pretty sure I know who probably did. 😂 ol ginger didn’t get his pantys in a wad did he lol

Comment

LMAO! i told him da legend was popular on da green screen today...

Comment

Lol it definitely wasn’t me but pretty sure I know who probably did. 😂 ol ginger didn’t get his pantys in a wad did he lol

Hes still mad after a group text troll from back during bow season. Pretty juvenile really. I had an entire thread about it here. It was good fun. He got his panties in a wad and they still bunched up around his throat apparently. Aint no sweat of my brow. Life to short to get but hurt over a joke

Comment

I agree with most posters. Not worth the risk to fire a weapon even at their tires.

Maybe install security cameras with motion sensors. In addition, install a large LED flood light. One you can turn on with your phone. Light any trespassers up like a Christmas tree. I'm sure they will flee.

Or, for piece of mind. Configure to where you can park vehicle in the garage or behind a locked gate if possible. I don't think I will ever own another house that we can't park both vehicles in the garage comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                        In my neighborhood, people are getting their Chevy rims and tires stolen quite often. My question is, if i get an alert on my camera and someone is stealing my rims and tires, what are my options? If i call the cops they will be long gone by the time they arrive. I thought about shooting their tires with a shotgun....just fear where the shot will ricochet too.
                        I was told every bullet has an atty attached to it. Are atty fees cheaper or tires? Like someone said....that’s why have insurance. There is a great publication and i cant recall the name. In the magazine, they always put 3 stories of people who had to fire their weapon. Everyone always posted that they had to spend tens of thousands On legal fees.

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;14942280]Hes still mad after a group text troll from back during bow season. Pretty juvenile really. I had an entire thread about it here.

Tagged Doe?

Comment

[quote=SHSU18;14942299]
                            Hes still mad after a group text troll from back during bow season. Pretty juvenile really. I had an entire thread about it here.

Tagged Doe?
                            Yes sir. The tag came from the parking lot of the Houston rodeo after a pig show. I saved it and a joke was born

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you? Yea..
                              Should you? Prolly not.

If I put myself I that situation, I'll grab the 12, and stand within range of the front door and watch them drive off with my wheels and tires. The second they try to enter my home, game over.

Let them steal, call police, get a report number, file insurance, get new stuff. Most you'll have to pay is your deductible more than likely. No lawyers, no fees, no court.

Plus, my cheapskate *** prolly needed new tires anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally id only shoot someone to save a life.. My property is replaceable and i dont want the legal fight.. Even if it is a good shooting the family of that personal can and probably will sue you. So unless you have carry insurance to offset the cost of lawyers and expert witnesses, i wouldnt shoot unless myself or someones life is in immediate danger

Comment

Working...
                                X