2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Sorry for the delay, had to wait putting this out on social media.

After Thanksgiving I jumped in my truck & went to mow my lot in Rockport. Figured while I was down there I would convince a friend of my to go make a few wades the following day.

He decided we needed to go to Baffin. After a lazy start & a good breakfast, we had the boat in the water about 10:00 am. About 1/2 way across the bay the weather changed & started pumping out of the Southwest. We decided to try anyway. 1st spot we waded throwing Corkies, Soft Dines, Grass Walkers, & various tails. I finally caught the 1st fish, a 21" Redfish. We decided to move & try another spot. After following sporadic bait & trying different approaches we ended up about 300 yards apart & 500 yards from the boat. I kept getting very light hits near one spot with a larger mullet doing the gettaway dance. Finally a solid hit & good hook set, # 2 fish on, drag started ripping & peeling off of my spool, oh ya good fish on. After a good couple more long runs, I was able to get the fish close enough to see what it was, TROUT, BIIIIG GURL. I motioned for my friend to come out to me for pictures. The fish circled me several more times & was finally able to get the Boga Grip applied. My friend walks up & see's her in the water & says she is over 30". We get a couple sets of pictures & put her back in the water, we the get a measurement on his rod. I was able to get her back in the water quick for a good healthy release.

After we were able to put the tape measure to his rod we learned she was just over 32" w/o a tail pinch.

Now I need a good Taxi to do a replica mount.

Caught Nov. 30th 2019 @ 2:50 PM

Wow! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One day.. until then I'll just keep catching my 16" inchers

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        One day.. until then I'll just keep catching my 16" inchers

Wow!
        I still think about that big girl that spit that Vudu shrimp back at you. Lol

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I still think about that big girl that spit that Vudu shrimp back at you. Lol
            Lol... what a giant! But that's how all my big trout bites have gone

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a good 'en. Job well done.

Comment

Congrats Hollywood!!!!

Comment

nice!! and well done for the CPR

Comment

Congrats on the giant fish.

Going to run my boat with the reworked prop in the morning. I will probably throw a rod in the boat just in case if any one wants to jump in and burn a little gasoline?

Should be at the harbor 7ish in the morning. Plan to stay in the river to stay out of the wind as much as possible.

Comment

Back at it! Bring on the fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome fish, Hollywod!!

Comment

Beautiful fish Hollywood

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Congrats on the giant fish.

Going to run my boat with the reworked prop in the morning. I will probably throw a rod in the boat just in case if any one wants to jump in and burn a little gasoline?

Should be at the harbor 7ish in the morning. Plan to stay in the river to stay out of the wind as much as possible.

Do you think the river will be fishable with the rain we've had?

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                              Do you think the river will be fishable with the rain we've had?

Probably not, but it should be protected. This is more of a performance trip than a fishing trip, I’d just hate to not have a rod and reel with me.

Comment

Hollywood, that has got to be the biggest, yet skinniest trout I've seen in a looooong time!! Congratulations on the catch!

Comment

Working...
                                X