1st Leg LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    Back at the truck deer was found... FN hogs beat me to her.
    Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    No pics from the hog carnage?

How much time was it from the shot til you found the deer?
    Pic's or....you know the deal!

Comment

Must have slept in today. Chasing dear instead.

Comment

Pigs got on the carcass that quick?...must be a bunch of hogs on the river bottoms...too bad on the meat jooger!

Comment

Oh man that spot looks killer! Love hunting in those big woods more than anywhere else. It's a different kind of wild in those bottoms... is to me anyway. Food rich makes it target rich. All the recent rains have green briar and dewberry vines covered in new growth. I saw at least 6 different kinds of acorns on the ground this weekend maybe more. Probably as many overcups as I've ever seen. Might have to wear your hardhat if it ever gets windy. It's impossible to compete with mother nature's feed program and I kinda like it that way.

Hate the pigs got your deer but it happens. They don't waste any time about it either. Coyotes will pick the bones clean, hogs eat bones and all. I have a feeling that won't be the last arrow launched at that spot. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
            Oh man that spot looks killer! Love hunting in those big woods more than anywhere else. It's a different kind of wild in those bottoms... is to me anyway. Food rich makes it target rich. All the recent rains have green briar and dewberry vines covered in new growth. I saw at least 6 different kinds of acorns on the ground this weekend maybe more. Probably as many overcups as I've ever seen. Might have to wear your hardhat if it ever gets windy. It's impossible to compete with mother nature's feed program and I kinda like it that way.

Hate the pigs got your deer but it happens. They don't waste any time about it either. Coyotes will pick the bones clean, hogs eat bones and all. I have a feeling that won't be the last arrow launched at that spot. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Sounds like you’ve had a similar experience at Dollar Hide. Dropped the kiddos off at school this morning and took Momma to breakfast. I have a fishing tournament this weekend so I have to figure out some fish.

Comment

Man that sucks to have to burn a tag on a deer the pigs ate up. [emoji102]

Skinny

Comment

They’re chewing pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wild, lets see some pics of the pig damage!
                  Have heard there are lots of small fish shallow with some big ones still out deep. GL

Comment

Good Luck Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                      Wild, lets see some pics of the pig damage!
                      Have heard there are lots of small fish shallow with some big ones still out deep. GL
                      I’ll take a limit of 4lbers with a kicker this Sat. Having to take it easy, I have 8hrs left of break in time on this motor.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        I’ll take a limit of 4lbers with a kicker this Sat. Having to take it easy, I have 8hrs left of break in time on this motor.

Did you get a new rig or just a new motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure is pretty water!! Too bad all's you can catch are those dang ol' ditch pickles!!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along Jooger. Can't wait for the next hunting installment. Sure makes me want to point the truck toward the deer lease and get after 'em.

Comment

Good to see you back at it! I really enjoy following your live hunts every year. Good luck!

Comment

I wanna see the carnage the hogs will put on a carcass! Let’s see pics of the deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X