No announcement yet.

Ozonics 230 or 300????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you guys are having success on hogs with them. I have heard the exact opposite. Good on deer not on hogs.

Reason I ask is I have a hog spot I get busted in all the time with a box blind on it.....and I have a 200....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      So you guys are having success on hogs with them. I have heard the exact opposite. Good on deer not on hogs.

Reason I ask is I have a hog spot I get busted in all the time with a box blind on it.....and I have a 200....
      I use mine almost everytime I hunt at night. I typically have the wind in my face though. I don't notice the pigs busting me any more with it than not.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
        I use mine almost everytime I hunt at night. I typically have the wind in my face though. I don't notice the pigs busting me any more with it than not.

I guess the question is do they bust you with the wind at your back?.. If the wind is in my face I don't even turn it on as it would blow back into my blind....and my pigs generally come from in front of me.

Comment

Haven't noticed much difference. They have an earth scent pad, but I haven't tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
            Haven't noticed much difference. They have an earth scent pad, but I haven't tried it.

Disregard my comments, I guess I wasn't paying attention![emoji19]

Comment

Smart, I try to always use the wind to my advantage, and I don't rely on the Ozonics to "beat the system". But sometimes, animals come from a direction that you don't anticipate. The first year I actually gave mine an honest try I had a hog come in directly downwind and came so close to the blind that it actually startled me. I was not expecting that, but I had my unit mounted above and behind me with the "stream" flowing over my head and falling between me and the downwind window. That's how the makers say to use it and it works for me. The next weekend in the same stand I had a coyote follow the same path as the hog did, but I bumped the stand with my AR and he didn't hang around to see what that noise was.

A couple of caveats: As I said, it doesn't work nearly as well in the open IMO. It works best with a slow, steady breeze. Shifty winds will still get you busted, as will high gusty winds. I use a wind checker A LOT to make sure I'm using it as designed.

There are very few places and conditions that I don't use it now, but I do have a couple spots that it just isn't needed, but I can only hunt them on a certain wind. They are good spots and I'm not gonna compromise them by ignoring the wind.

Comment

Good stuff.. thanks for the post DC..

Comment

Working...
                X