Hunting truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
    Awesome ride. Want to sell?

Comment

Yes, actually.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yes, actually.

Henry David Thoreau
        Pm me

Comment

Posted a pic on a similar thread but love to see lease trucks so here it is again....'71 with a SBC.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
            Posted a pic on a similar thread but love to see lease trucks so here it is again....'71 with a SBC.
            That thang is sweet

Comment

No lease pic but this is when it was at the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                Awesome ride. Want to sell?

X2. I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  Here's my lease tank,

[ATTACH]928409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928410[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Looks even better in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                    Here's mine. I think I'm about to put her up for sale

[emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7339.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24556052
                      Mine, goes anywhere and hauls my kills on a hitch rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 73. Nothing too fancy, just some old iron that's been a ranch truck since new. Still good enough for filling feeders or a run into town.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Henry David Thoreau
                          What year is it, then what engine and transmission. Looks like it has a automatic, I would guess so, because I see what looks like a transmission cooler.
                          Nice truck, love those things.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            What year is it, then what engine and transmission. Looks like it has a automatic, I would guess so, because I see what looks like a transmission cooler.

Nice truck, love those things.

It's a 1976 Ranger package, clear title in hand. I've owned it since 1996.

Most everything has been replaced or upgraded

Jasper 302, stock build w/ RV cam. Edelbrock intake, Rochester carburetor, Mallory ignition

C4 transmission - stock build

Dana 44 front axle, chromoly axles, Detroit locker, 4.88 gears, CTM joints, custom diff cover, disc brakes

9" rear axle, shaved, bash guard, chromoly axles, Detroit locker, 4.88 gears, large drum brakes

Dana 20 transfer case is twin sticked

3-½" suspension lift, 2" body lift

36x13.5x16" Super Swamper Irok tires (less than 5 miles on them)

PSC power steering box & pump, DOM steering linkage

The only rust is the floor pans, which is not a terribly difficult, or expensive task, I've just never been bothered enough by it to change them out. I can provide a new passenger side floor pan. Presently it doesn't have rocker panels. They got smashed years ago, and I was going to cut them out and install rock skis, but I never got around to it, and I'll let the new owner decide whaat to do. New rockers are readily available, and not terribly expensive. The paint is trail quality. This has always been a utility machine, I've never been interested in shows.

I also have other parts available for it.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This is my truck since 2001, special ordered it. V10, 4.30 gears, locker, trailer tow and off road packages, 6 spd.
                              I have taken it all over the state and out of state a few times. Been to the panhandle a few times, been to Big Bend, been all the way to the south end of North Padre, then all over North Padre. Aransas Wildlife Refuges a few times, ranches all over the place, I have taken it fishing to just as many places. I set it up so I can mount winch on the front or rear of the truck. The only time I have gotten to use the winch, was when we went back to the area I grew up in, to help cut down and remove trees after hurricane Harvey. It will pull anything.

Second picture, is after I let my daughter go mudding in the front pasture after it had rained. Unfortunately the mud was not very deep. I wanted to see what the truck would do with the new tires. So I decided she needed to learn to drive and taught her a bit about driving in mud and slick stuff. She had fun, would have been better, if we had more rain and the mud was a lot deeper and softer. It was her first time to play in the mud she had fun. The tires worked pretty good, for what they were.
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-20-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

It's a 1976 Ranger package, clear title in hand. I've owned it since 1996.

Most everything has been replaced or upgraded

Jasper 302, stock build w/ RV cam. Edelbrock intake, Rochester carburetor, Mallory ignition

C4 transmission - stock build

Dana 44 front axle, chromoly axles, Detroit locker, 4.88 gears, CTM joints, custom diff cover, disc brakes

9" rear axle, shaved, bash guard, chromoly axles, Detroit locker, 4.88 gears, large drum brakes

Dana 20 transfer case is twin sticked

3-½" suspension lift, 2" body lift

36x13.5x16" Super Swamper Irok tires (less than 5 miles on them)

PSC power steering box & pump, DOM steering linkage

The only rust is the floor pans, which is not a terribly difficult, or expensive task, I've just never been bothered enough by it to change them out. I can provide a new passenger side floor pan. Presently it doesn't have rocker panels. They got smashed years ago, and I was going to cut them out and install rock skis, but I never got around to it, and I'll let the new owner decide whaat to do. New rockers are readily available, and not terribly expensive. The paint is trail quality. This has always been a utility machine, I've never been interested in shows.

I also have other parts available for it.

Henry David Thoreau
                                Sounds like a nice truck, sounds like it just needs a decent 347 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X