This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    and $12 million a year richer too. I'd be "retired city".. No need to add more CFB championships after that.
    It was reported that Texas offered the same. I just mean that most college head coaches don't do well in the NFL. Wouldn't failing be more stressful than anything? Crap franchise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      It was reported that Texas offered the same. I just mean that most college head coaches don't do well in the NFL. Wouldn't failing be more stressful than anything? Crap franchise.

With the number one overall pick, and 100 million Space. I’m with you, I don’t know why college guys would go to the pros. I think it’s just a project for him. Ego thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He can fail with no tarnish to his legacy as a college coach. If he took the Texas job, he would have had to take the major players at Ohio State and word is he didn't want to hurt their program since he is so invested in it. He also had concerns if his hard charging style would work with today's college player. Tom tried to copy him at Texas and you are reading the backlash of that right now with reports.

It may be a failure, but Urban is going to make a boat load of money, not tear apart the Ohio State program or his reputation , and not tarnish his legacy in college. Seems like a pretty good gamble. All while getting to live on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          He can fail with no tarnish to his legacy as a college coach. If he took the Texas job, he would have had to take the major players at Ohio State and word is he didn't want to hurt their program since he is so invested in it. He also had concerns if his hard charging style would work with today's college player. Tom tried to copy him at Texas and you are reading the backlash of that right now with reports.

It may be a failure, but Urban is going to make a boat load of money, not tear apart the Ohio State program or his reputation , and not tarnish his legacy in college. Seems like a pretty good gamble. All while getting to live on the beach.
          Yes I heard all of that first paragraph. I listen to the Horn daily. Lol.

Comment

I still think urban ruffled Texas feathers just to help see Tom Herman out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I still think urban ruffled Texas feathers just to help see Tom Herman out the door.
              Probably from Urban side, but reading the post mortem stories on Herman and some I had heard behind closed doors he was done at Texas no matter what Urban said.

Comment

College Football NC Game

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Probably from Urban side, but reading the post mortem stories on Herman and some I had heard behind closed doors he was done at Texas no matter what Urban said.

I don’t doubt it, but urban Meyer is a sanctimonious **** head… And I believe 100% he would just like to take some credit for Toms demise.

Edit:It’s probably a good thing I’m just learning the swear filter doesn’t get that one.[emoji15]
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-15-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

It's a different game. Plus no recruiting(to an extent).

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Roschon is one of the toughest, hardest running dudes I have seen. It isn't much of a knock on Keontay that he didn't run as hard as Roschon. Keontay wasn't a world beater and he definitely was going to be limited in carries this year, so I understand why he wants to move on. Good luck to the kid.

The Halletsville kid isn't going to pass RoJo up for carries when Texas needs tough yards.
                    You aren't wrong, but RoJo just seems like a battering ram. Will likely get better as he continues to learn the position I would think. Great mentality, but his career is gonna be short unless he makes some changes. He reminds me or Leroy Hoards quote

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      What about the DE Clemons?

I forgot about Clemons. I don’t think he’s announced yet.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

So wait, who it the new Texas DC? I'm hearing all kinds of crazy stuff. I thought it was a done deal a couple of days ago

Comment

College Football NC Game

Sounds far from done at this juncture. They’re saying Lanning was offered but will stay at UGA.

They’re saying Lanning, Odom, and Arnett have interviewed.

I’m currently watching Denton Ryan. Sanders is a monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Sounds far from done at this juncture. They’re saying Lanning was offered but will stay at UGA.

They’re saying Lanning, Odom, and Arnett have interviewed.

I’m currently watching Denton Ryan. Sanders is a monster!

I thought it was Golding? Now they are on to a HS coach?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              I thought it was Golding? Now they are on to a HS coach?

No, they’re saying the offer went out to the Georgia DC.

I’ve not heard a peep about a HS coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                No, they’re saying the offer went out to the Georgia DC.

I’ve not heard a peep about a HS coach.

Sorry, I misread that last part lol. Jalen Green in portal? I always thought he was a tweener.

Comment

Working...
                                X