No announcement yet.

***18 Days to Kill Iowa/Kansas Live!!!***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like one heck of a trip, best of luck.

Comment

Made it the farm!!!
      Clark & I are waiting on Matt to get here and go over the farms.
      It feels great outside and looks even better.
      Can’t wait to be in a tree.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Good luck to you! Should be a great trip

Comment

What town are you close to?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              They are starting to turn on. I saw 5 bucks this morning here in SE Iowa (Davis County). I have rattled 4 times since Thursday and rattled in 4 bucks. Here is the buck that I rattled in this morning. I usually hit the horns really hard to start and rattle for about 30-45 seconds followed by a couple of long grunts. 3 of the four bucks were on me before I could put the horns down. Good Luck !!!

Awesome!!!
              Thanks for the update and good luck to you too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                What town are you close to?

We are outside of Lamoni

Comment

We are in a tree in Iowa!!!!

Not gonna lie! This is pretty surreal!!
                  I’m in Iowa doing what I love. I’m gonna quote Clark and say...

“We are blessed human beings. Check mark off a bucket list[emoji736]”

Matt was on time and very professional. Super good guy.
                  Went over stands with us, parking, deer trails, sightings, scrape lines and a number of other details that could benefit our hunt.

Comment

Had to sit down and just take it all in for a minute.
                    I’m 20’ up in a rivers edge lock on in a wood line that runs East and West with a heavy traveled deer trail right down the middle. There is a creek that meets the strip of woods 50 yards to my North. Got a NW wind blowing me in to the neighbors hay pasture. I’m over looking a CRP field to my West.
                    Pics don’t do this spot justice. It screams monster buck territory. And is beautiful!!
                    Clark is set up in a clump of trees 1/4 mile from me over looking the CRP and a natural drainage. Both of our spots would be great for decoys and we’ll probably test that theory soon.
                    I’ve got a cut corn field to my East & across the county rd to my West.
                    Wind is pretty stiff @ 13 MPH. It’s 46 degrees and dropping.

I’ve been waiting a long time to start this live hunt.
                    I sure hope it doesn’t disappoint.

Comment

Good luck. Hope you get a monster.

Comment

That spot looks really good!

Comment

Looks amazing there. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                            I’m 20’ up in a rivers edge lock on in a wood line that runs East and West with a heavy traveled deer trail right down the middle. There is a creek that meets the strip of woods 50 yards to my North. Got a NW wind blowing me in to the neighbors hay pasture. I’m over looking a CRP field to my West.
                            Pics don’t do this spot justice. It screams monster buck territory. And is beautiful!!
                            Clark is set up in a clump of trees 1/4 mile from me over looking the CRP and a natural drainage. Both of our spots would be great for decoys and we’ll probably test that theory soon.

Looks great!! You guys are 1:30 from my front gate. Good Luck to you both !!!

Here is my sit tonight. Turnip, radish, oats, triticale and rye food plot. Cut corn field and standing beans in front of me. There was a nice 8 point and some does in my connecting food plot when I climbed up.

Here is the view of my house from the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post

Definitely following you! I’ve followed MLD for a while now. Wishing you the best of luck!

Matt seems to be as stand up as they come.

Comment

Deer are starting to move.
                                Clark has 3 Does spotted.

I may have dressed a little too lite. When the sun goes down this wind is gonna have me regretting my choice of evening attire.

Comment

Working...
                                X