No announcement yet.

Cellular Game Camera's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my Spartan cameras with the solar pack.

Comment

Covert also has that network thing you talked about. I've avoided it because I don't want to be limited where I can put my cams based on where the base unit is. We have over 9k acres that we hunt.

I am running their Covert Code Black cameras. This is my 4th season running them (I ran their other cams for 10 years) and I am up to 14 now. Customer service is great. Once you get them setup right (Solar Panel, Amazon High Capacity 2400 mah batteries, TMate and TShade) you are set for the season so long as a racoon or cow doesn't mess with them.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
        Covert also has that network thing you talked about. I've avoided it because I don't want to be limited where I can put my cams based on where the base unit is. We have over 9k acres that we hunt.

I am running their Covert Code Black cameras. This is my 4th season running them (I ran their other cams for 10 years) and I am up to 14 now. Customer service is great. Once you get them setup right (Solar Panel, Amazon High Capacity 2400 mah batteries, TMate and TShade) you are set for the season so long as a racoon or cow doesn't mess with them.
        What is the purpose of the covers on the camera if I might ask?

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1981 View Post
          What is the purpose of the covers on the camera if I might ask?
          Shade, weather protection, etc. Not necessary but for $11 I'll try them to avoid direct sunlight and critters on top of the cams.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post

What brand of covers are the black shades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Weather cover for your trail or game camera. Shield away rain, snow, and sun glare. Reduce moisture damage. Durable material, no hardware required.

They are thin flexible plastic. I like them pretty good I just wish they were a few inches longer.

I like the T Shades too but wish there were 2x as wide as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1981 View Post
                Need some help with you guys input with cellular game cams guys. So the last 3 yrs I have been running spypoint products on our ranch in South Texas. This year was the last straw with spypoint, I had to replace one link dark, and now today another one stop working. The customer service sucks, and frankly their products don't seem to hold up also.
                Well I run 8 of the Spypoint Link Evo's for the last 4 years and I like them. Like everything else I have had a problem or two but I found their customer service to be very good. I like the fact that you can talk to someone and a lot of times they can walk you through a fix or bug. The app was just upgraded this week and it has a few differences from the old app but its better over all.
                The cameras I really had problems with were the Snyper brand #nightmare customer service.

Comment

I run mine this year with 12 volt battery, solar panel and antenna booster. I built them into a plastic storage box from Homedepot. Box's are like $9.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    I run mine this year with 12 volt battery, solar panel and antenna booster. I built them into a plastic storage box from Homedepot. Box's are like $9.00

I have a similar setup but my solar panel is mounted to the top of the box. Does yours get enough sun where it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                      I have a similar setup but my solar panel is mounted to the top of the box. Does yours get enough sun where it is?

So far so good. It's angled up slightly and I aim my boxes south and seems to be doing ok. Time will tell.

Comment

I have had 20 Bushnell cameras and they are solid. they last a few years. pics come asap and easy to set but not cheap running 5 or more cameras... have 6 new cuddelinks as well and just learning them. seem good so far... issue is not sending pics for hours vs instant.

Comment

I ran Spypoint Micro's last year and had the typical issues that everyone has out of them. Luckily my lease is only an hour and fifteen from my house, so I was able to tend to them as needed. I recently switched to a Spartan after a friend talked me into it. So far the Spartan is functioning perfectly and a much better camera than the spypoint micro's. I just went ahead ordered my second Spartan Sunday.

I bought the spartan from Beargrasstx on here. He gave me a much better deal than I could find online. He charged $250 plus tax and $15 shipping. I received the camera in about 4-5 days. Awesome guy to work with.

Hopefully it will be a less stressful year this year with not having to fix cell cameras every other weekend.

Comment

Any updates yet? I bought one but can’t find where you set the transmission times.
                            Do you have to join their “Club” for $ 100 and pay $ 120 for the plan too?

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                              Any updates yet? I bought one but can’t find where you set the transmission times.
                              Do you have to join their “Club” for $ 100 and pay $ 120 for the plan too?

Are you referring to the Spartan cameras I mentioned above or one of the other posts in the thread? If you are asking about the Spartans, I don't think you can set batch photo delivery times unless you have the ghost camera. My gocam delivers photos immediately when the photo is taken.

Comment

Originally posted by LouisianaExpat View Post
                                Spartan’s work great but their data plans are the most expensive. $10/month + $3/month for “premium credits to use the app. That’s $468 over 3 years. This really compounds with multiple cameras since you can’t share data. Reconyx and Covert give you some multiple camera discount. Synper and Cuddeback are the only ones that truly share data. Over the life of a camera (5years) you end up paying more for a Spartan than a Reconyx.

Most cheap cameras sub $200 also have expensive data plans. Stealth, Spypoint, Moultrie, even Tacatacam will end up being more expensive than a Covert or Synper over the life of the camera. And that’s even if you can get it to last 5 years.

Ahhh, a newbie to the site! Welcome to the campfire. Good info by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X