2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Anyone feel free to add to it. I’ve been so busy I have 3 more to go set up/refresh from last year. I had tons on images and videos from them last season

This is one one a trail between 2 food plots. They love to bed on the edge of the ridge and watch fields. I made this one dead center of their everyday trail. Hard to see grape vine in pic. Sorry for poor pic quality. It will be last Muddy product I buy. Horrible pics, battery life, all pics are same time and date... but that’s another thread
    Attached Files

They already working scrapes?

Comment

I did some mock scrapes last year. They absolutely love to work them over. Will be doing more this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Oh yea. They don’t dig em out as much as use the licking branch. The deer may change by season but they will still go to my scrape.

Comment

I am putting mine in next week. I can't wait to see what I get on camera.

Comment

Good thread idea!! Been doing em for years for buck inventory on my place. And yeah, they’ll work em year round, but I usually pull my cameras when they shed just cuz. I have pics of bobcats, yotes, pigs, and of course deer in em. I have done a lot of video on them as well, and it’s cool to be able to hear the pawing and horns raking in the overhead limb. And I ain’t far from ya either (south of Sulphur Springs). Will be a cool thread to follow. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

They do work for sure. In fact my own urine works so well I don’t carry a pee-bottle anymore for deer hunting.

Comment

They work them year round. It's how they socially interact and keep track of comings/goings of the herd.
                Last edited by tbgascorer; 06-18-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I used to keep a 1 gallon milk jug in my blind to pee in and then take it to a nearby tree that had a limb that hung low the deer would lick and rub their face on and pour it out under that limb. Every single buck that came by would stop and pee right on top of it then lick the limb. Older bucks would smell and paw the ground too. It's a deer's version of social media. Sure is fun to just sit and watch them sending out their signals.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Some scrapes are seasonal and some are year round. We put a camera on one and got video clips year round of deer checking the scrape at least. Also, pigs, foxes, bobcats, and coyotes checking it also.

Comment

Well I learned something today

May need to make me one and see what happens

Comment

Dang that’s cool

Comment

I do my own “mock scrapes” as well as cameras on ones the deer constructed. I have one seasonal scrape on my place dubbed “the community scrape” cuz I can guarantee you, every year, every buck in the area will work that scrape along with all the other critters. It has been there over 10 yrs that I know of for sure. Have several I made, and some that they’ve made that will re-open every year. But the community scrape is ALWAYS there, and utilized. There’s usually always a good reason that “every year” scrapes are where they are, them bucks know where they need to put em for the most visits by the ladies! And if ya make a mock scrape, just put yourself in that mindset. It’s a fun thing for sure doing the scrape cam thing! Good luck Low Fence! I’m in for pics! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Got 2 more built this week

Top is where I cut an interior fence to make a crossing into a food plot. I made a mock scrape here last fall that was non stop action. Used a few years d oak limb in a water oak tree. Lol. Went with a grape vine this year. It got 5-7” of rain since I built, so I’m sure I will have to work it again

Bottom is new one on different property. Where I plan on spending most of my efforts. It’s in a staging area with lots of intercepting trails. Always deer movement here all day in season. Typically all for groups now, but by youth season it’s a buck parade daily
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X