New TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TV

Got home, got cleaned up, and learned of a defect in my LG LED TV.

Apparently the main bored over time loses connection to the components soldered onto the mother board. Resulting in no screen or sound coming on.

With that said, I'm thinking I am going to move my TV in my den to the bonus room.

What are the recommendations of the GS for a 55" TV?

Budget $500 or less.

Can you solder them back?

Comment

Bake it. My buddy did it and it worked. Says they found how to do it on YouTube.

Comment

Or wal mart

Comment

There are other videos also

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post

Or wal mart
            Man, TVs are getting cheap. I haven’t shopped for one in 7 or 8 years

Comment

those roku tv's are great. the price and convenience of the built in WIFI is the reason I ran a line out to the ranch. I have a 60 inch in the great room and 32 inches in the bedrooms, all for about $600 for the 3 tv's.

now for the old tv. fixing flat screens used to be one of my side hustles when the oil patch slows down, but now they are so cheap its not worth the cost to most people. if you really want to you can just order a new board for it and the connectors should plug right in.

Comment

I went Vizio. Great picture and so far, a year plus, and no issues.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post

Or wal mart
                  Got one of these just last week. So far we like it.

Comment

I got a TCL and so far so good. I think its a 55 inch

Comment

I’m always buying TVs as prizes for my dealers but you have a ton of options with a 500$ budget with screens that goes up to 60”

LG, Vizio, and sharp would be my recommendations but you can get a bigger screen with a Westinghouse which we have had for 6 months with no complaints so far

Check Walmart and Best Buy for sales

Comment

I just bought a 65" Samsung 4G with built in wifi and we are very happy with it. I think it was closer to 600 but a 55" should be cheaper. I bought it at Best Buy.

Comment

I bought a super nice Sony refurb from Frys for 300. I had a JVC and the built in speakers were awful. And then I had to listen to it for years until it finally died so make sure you’re happy with it.

Comment

I pulled the board out of mine and baked it. Worked like a champ

Comment

you can find a 50'' or bigger smart tv(ROKU) at wal mart for cheap now-a-days, i bought a 65'' Phillips smart tv 3 months ago for 499$

Comment

Working...
                              X