Nuclear stress test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
    There are outliers in every field, including particular patients and particular doctors. Medicine is based on the averages of outcomes across years of treating patients and constantly adjusted and tested with new studies. A standard of care is developed based on all of this information. Sometimes people drop dead 2 days after their doctors follow the standard of care, that shouldn't change the treatment plan for the thousands who didn't.

I have been involved with cardiac medicine for 20 years. I have met a few "cowboy" cardiologist that think they know things the rest of the medical community doesn't. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of their ego.

Can a stress test be normal and someone die of a heart attack, absolutely. Can a patient have zero calcified plaque and die of a heart attack, absolutely. There is no silver bullet screening exam that will eliminate cardiac death but there is a standard of care based on what will keep the most people alive.
    People get the test that insurance companies pay for.......That is where the standard of care comes from.

Comment

I did one a few years ago. I worried about it but it wasn't that big of a deal. Kind of felt lightheaded and weird after, like I had been on a hour long phone call with my ex-wife.

Comment

I've had a couple in the past few years no problems anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Maybe.
          Good point. Hopefully these are super nurses administering the death potion at this location.

Comment

Prayers up for no issues and less stress before the test for you and your family

Comment

Just "chill out" and you wan't need a stress test

Hope everything goes will Randy. I suspect the docs reading the test will be scratching their head from the results

Comment

I pushed the buttons on the machines, the meds and watched the machines etc as a job for a while. Most repetitive job Ive ever had. It's not bad, some meds they use to stress you are worse than others as far as symptoms go, we had the choice of three different meds to use but it's over quick, just imagine youre exercising. Odd feeling to get the effects of it when you're sitting in a chair.
                Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 07-11-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

My mother has one, it almost killed her! She was sent to the er and stayed there for 4 days.
                  I had one a few weeks ago with no problems.

Comment

Had one about two andhalf years ago, was told it would make me feel warm and kind of a funny feeling. Never felt either one.
                    Grits

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      People get the test that insurance companies pay for.......That is where the standard of care comes from.
                      Many hold that vue but it's actually the other way around, insurance will often reject request for exams that do not fit the care path. It's a push/pull type of things. Insurance only wants to pay for what's neccesarily while Dr's want to order every test that will protect them from liability and/or pay them and the hospital the most money and patients want the test their uncle Bob got because aunt Sally said it saved his life.

If you are bored google "Meaningful Use", things are going to get really fun in 2020...

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
                        Had one about two andhalf years ago, was told it would make me feel warm and kind of a funny feeling. Never felt either one.
                        Grits
                        Grits, I'm thinking you got the plecebo!

Comment

You big sissy! Just go do it and quitcher worrying!

Comment

I had one several years back. No issues at all. When they inject the isotope in, you'll feel a warming sensation. Mine started at my feet and worked it's way up. You can feel your heart start to beat faster and in a few seconds, it's all over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Just "chill out" and you wan't need a stress test

Hope everything goes will Randy. I suspect the docs reading the test will be scratching their head from the results
                              Thank you for your support. What are friends for?
                              Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              You big sissy! Just go do it and quitcher worrying!
                              Yeah, I ain't sounding like a tough arse GOF am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
                                Grits
                                You may have been roofied.

Comment

Working...
                                X