No announcement yet.

LBJ poachers busted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forensics...How sweet it is! Hope they keep those folks out of the woods. You never know what someone all hyped up on drugs will do. Congrats to Mr. GW.

Comment

I have to assume that it was on private lands and not LBJ lands. I am glad that TP&W busted them for poaching on private property. But the artical didn't say anything about public property or LBJ property. Good job regaurdless TP&W!

Comment

CSI TPWD!! Now I'd watch that show. Gotta love the job those guys do for us!

Comment

Glad they busted them.

Comment

Why isnt there a show about game wardens yet like COPS>>>> I need to contact Fox....

Comment

I would love to see that show!

I have always thought we need a widows and orphans fund for the GWs. You know $1.00 of every license should go into that fund. They do a rough job and they dont have much of a safety net...

Comment

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
                I would love to see that show!

I have always thought we need a widows and orphans fund for the GWs. You know $1.00 of every license should go into that fund. They do a rough job and they dont have much of a safety net...
                Awesome idea, I would even donate more $.

Comment

Poor guys probably just trying to feed their families. Those 9 points are a lot on nutrition.

I think it's funny how it's now a felony to poach. Give me a break. Who cares about insurance scams, people on drugs and selling drugs, and wife beaters. Lets throw the book at someone shooting a deer.

Our whole system is screwed up because it's all about $$$$$.

Comment

RiverRat1, Sounds like you have a real problem!! What gives????????

Comment

Trying to feed their families...what Bull****! Poachers are scum that deserve to lose everything when busted in the process of the crime...vehicle, rifle, knives, etc

Comment

Great job to the GWs!!

There are other way to feed your family without breaking the law. Hopefully, the harsher felony punishments will help deter poachers.

There was something that was put into place a couple of years ago for the survivors of GWs that were killed in the line of duty. I'm not sure of the details. Thanks for supporting the Texas GWs!

Comment

This day and age to say that someone is just trying to feed his family by poaching deer must have a few screws loose. There are programs all over the state either State operated, Federal or Church affiliated that will be more than willing to feed those that are less fortunate.

Apparently RiverRat1 didn't read the same article that I read. The back half of the deer was left in the woods. That doesn't sound like someone trying to feed his family!!!!!!!!

Comment

Poor guys probably just trying to feed their families. Those 9 points are a lot on nutrition.

I think it's funny how it's now a felony to poach. Give me a break. Who cares about insurance scams, people on drugs and selling drugs, and wife beaters. Lets throw the book at someone shooting a deer.

Our whole system is screwed up because it's all about $$$$$.
                            OMG, what a tool. This is 2007 not 1940 and if his family is hungry all he has to do is get on welfare or one of many other government programs out there ready and willing to help.
                            Last edited by DFWarcher; 12-26-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

And if I remember correctly the article also said that they found a 9 point buck in the other field from where they were. So sounds like a couple hillbillys all jacked up on meth out shooting animals. If they have enough money for meth then they should have enough money to harvest deer legally.

Comment

I was joking LOL Hence the 9 points are good for nutrition... Get it?

You can not eat the horns and if they were trying to feed their families they would not have been waiting around for only the big bucks.

But at the same time I do have a problem with the "poacher" getting a felony charge. Yes a lot of them deserve it BUT do you have ANY idea how many people are just screwing around OR are young and stupid OR are honestly just over on someone eles's property by accident or get busted in some other way thats not their fault?

And no I have not been busted LOL.. I'm an ethical hunter but like I said before some of these obvious big time poachers need more jail time.

You ever notice the long rap sheet on these guys? It's too obvious it's all about making money and not securing our game. I'm afraid it's becoming more and more like police officers. Give tickets to those who will pay up. Sure they ticket hillbillies and rednecks who do not pay the fines also but then nothing is ever done about the unpaid tickets. Not until they poach so bad we end up spending even more money, like in the above example, putting them away for good. I would love to know how the above case ends up. Would not suprise me one bit if the guys get fined and then are right back out doing it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X