Running dogs for hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
    They are not hog hunters , poachers would be the correct term.
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Lmao

Comment

I have been around a bunch of hog doggers and the ones I go wi th respect the property lines and only hunt places they know they have permission. Yes sometimes dogs cross a property line and they wait for them to come back or try and get permission to go retrieve them. And 99% of the time they already have permission to retrieve dogs before they ever drop them on the ground and give the land owner a courtesy call to let them know they are going to get their dogs.

Those that just follow their dogs wherever they go are poachers not hunters.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            If that is real, that's awesome.

I am not a fan of hog dogging. I have been some and it just doesn't do anything for me. We don't have a problem with it in my area though.

Comment

Never seen one these threads before, this will be interesting!

Comment

Actually had a conversation with a game warden over the weekend about this very topic. He said he get tired of dealing with them being on property they are not allowed on and hearing the excuse I was just getting my dog.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  They are not hog hunters , poachers would be the correct term.
                  Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  X2
                  Lol

Comment

I am one of the few that will say this. Most good hog dogs are not running your deer, most good hog doggers don't mean to trespass. It happens occasionally. Just like all the deer hunters that don't ask permission to cross a fence when trailing a deer. I don't mind hog dogs they take care of a problem. I'm not a hog dog hunter. But I see your side also. Also the SSS comments drive me insane. I've had my cattle catch dogs get lost off big places. The guys that intentionally plan on running through your place are poachers.

Comment

This award goes to this thread!!!!

OP, this isn't a jab at you, I just found it to be accurate in describing the situation.

Comment

I would rather stick a needle in my eye than get on this debate again!

Comment

In

Comment

Cool thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                              Cool thread!
                              Nice bump!

Comment

Hog hunters are like any other group. Only takes a few bad ones to give the rest a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                                X