• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recall gone wrong

My truck had a recall and TSB , ignition, computer problem
    It’s now sitting with zero way to repair because the micro chip shortage
    No loaner, rental cars are zero available
    Maybe I should start looking at renting a U-haul , got a ranch to run and feed, salt waiting on a loading dock,
    Why start work you know can’t be completed @ the dealership

what make are we talking here... ?

Comment

So the dealership took your truck in, dismantled it, and are now waiting for the parts needed to put it back together?

Comment

why did you take it in?

Comment

Is the truck running? Don't let them them have it if it's still useable.

Comment

2014 Silverado, no it’s not running, computer deleted, and till gmc gets some chips delivered
            It has to sit in the bay , the service manager says parts are zero available, maybe next week or week after big maybe till parts are shipped “ our hands are tied till we get parts “

Comment

Try a wrecking yard to get you going ?

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                2014 Silverado, no it’s not running, computer deleted, and till gmc gets some chips delivered
                It has to sit in the bay , the service manager says parts are zero available, maybe next week or week after big maybe till parts are shipped
                Can you find a computer from a wreck or something and get it back?

Comment

They made a mistake! They should have never started repairs without having parts in hand.
                  Sorry to hear sir.

Comment

It has to sit in the bay , the service manager says parts are zero available, maybe next week or week after big maybe till parts are shipped “ our hands are tied till we get parts “
                    Gas or diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                      Gas or diesel
                      Gas , when I was shopping for a 1 ton a couple of years ago , ram had close to 100 ram 1500 diesels sitting in a back lot waiting for parts I guess the automobile parts industry is failing

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

That dealership would be sending me home in a truck, or become the recipient of a lawsuit for lost time & wages.

Comment

Wow! I’m assuming it was running when you brought it in there. It just needed the recall work done. If that’s the case they never should have started the work. I’d be raising all kinds of hell with them. So they can’t put it back like it was? That just doesn’t seem right at all. I would be there right now demanding my truck back as it was or another vehicle to drive.

Comment

Ok, so if it wasn’t running, it’s still not running. Nothing’s changed other than the location of the truck not running. I understand being frustrated not having a truck, but nothing’s the dealership can do about the availability of the part.

If you drive it in for the recall and later they told you it could be weeks, I would be ******.

Comment

Working...
                              X