Ptsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ptsd

To all my brothers that suffer from the same crap I do, just remember your not alone. It's not something to play with and if you are having problems there are always plenty of us that have been through it that can lend an ear to talk to. If you need to talk pm me your number and we can get through it together. Don't be a part of the 2,222 Veterans a day that take their own life. I say this because I have had trouble lately and am so blessed to have a wife that understands what I'm going through.

God Bless you Brothers.
    Attached Files

You, sir, are a hero.

Few people will ever understand what it means to be willing to die defending our way of life, our country, and everything it represents. Even worse are those who dishonor the sacrifices made by the men and women of our armed forces by their acts of disrespect, such as refusing to stand in honor of our colors, by desecrating our nation’s capitol, or by perpetrating violence under the guise of social justice, all while hypocritically saying, “Thank you for your service.”

If I could wish anything for you, it would be that you, and others like you, get access to the help you need in order to feel whole again. To that end, I encourage you to pursue the plethora of programs and financial benefits available to war veterans through The Department of Veteran Affairs and it’s two branches of the VA.

Godspeed and best of luck to you.
    Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 07-23-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you for those kind words sir, words cant express the gratitude to have someone look at you in that way. All that said I feel that the real heroes are my brothers and sisters that paid the ultimate price and didnt come back home to be able to feel the freedom in the soil that our feet as Americans touch and take for granted each and every day.

God Bless you and yours sir.

Comment

We are laying to rest a good friend this morning. His demons finally caught up with him.

Happy to talk if you need it. The people around you love you and need you.

Thank you for your service.

Comment

Sorry you are having a hard time, I said a prayer for you. Thank You for your service to our country!

Comment

Thank yall I appreciate it

Comment

My grandpa was in Vietnam. He found out he had PTSD about 8 or 9 years ago. He saw some bad things over there. I can't relate because I haven't been in a situation like that. But I've lost people and he's given me advice on dealing with it. And this is straight from his mouth.

"It hurts now. But over time it will get easier. Just make sure you never forget about them. That's all you can do."

I know he's been through hard times. Harder times than I ever will. So I'm gonna take his advice. Thanks for everything you've done. Keep pushing on, that's all any of us can do.

Comment

You got this brother! Semper Fi! 2nd Tank Battalion USMC. Decommissioned this past May I believe after 79 years of service. Here for you as well, phone call away.

Comment

Like you said, there are many others out there I am not one of them but the price y'all went through to protect our FREEDOM is very much appreciated!

Thank you and GOD Bless!

Comment

BlessedVeteran you stay strong brother. It gets better with time. If I can ever help let me know. C Co 1st Bn (ABN) 508th Inf 82nd Airborne Division.

Comment

Good post. OP, and to all vets on here, in Houston (And these guys will drive just about anywhere to help a vet), there is Camp Hope. They are a fully private, completely free to vets service which gives peer to peer counselling to vets only. No civilians. The therapists are all vets, no civilians.

It is 100% private, no government/VA intrusion, and if you call there, you are talking to another vet who has most likely been through the program and graduated.

The contact info:

Camp Hope
                      (877)-717-7873

Comment

God bless all of you and all the men and women that served. Ticks me off to no end when I see people disrespect our flag and what it stands for. I always said the greatest lesson would have the ability transport the ones disrespecting our country directly in one of the many battle scenarios for a day and they would change their outlook. Many thanks to all of you. Prayers up!

Comment

Point of clarification, it’s 22 per day, not 2200.

Still way too many.

I struggled with this for a while when I returned in 2004, made a call one day to start getting help, but never actually went. I was able to overcome my struggle by focusing on my wife and my hobbies.

Jocko Willink has a great recommendation for vets transitioning to civilian life, find a new mission and focus on that. You need something to focus your energy and keep you distracted from the troubles and challenges of that transition.

Comment

Uncle Sam is sending me on a little trip to hot sandy ****ty little country in about 7 months. Other than 114' temps, not seeing my kids is what I hate about it.

Comment

anytime, my brother.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Cadet+Salute+Navy.png
Views:	26
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	24657268

Comment

Working...
                              X