No announcement yet.

Fitness Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the wife a Garmin Forerunner and I have a Garmin Instinct Solar. She loves her Forerunner and it tracks all sorts of stuff and is targeted for more cardio and working out. I'd probably love the Instinct if I used it more but I've not worn a watch for 20 years so it's tough getting used to. I can tell you when I start a "strength" workout the darn thing knows somehow which muscles I've targeted and counts reps and such. The Garmin Connect will show me primary muscle groups worked and such afterwards. I thought that was pretty crazy.
    edit: The Instinct gives me like 24 days on a charge.
    Last edited by justletmein; 07-20-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

My fitbit got me in a bit of a predicament with the wife when I ran 2 miles in the shower before bed.

Comment

Fitbit if you are just tracking steps and minimal workouts for health insurance.

Garmin or Suunto if you are an athlete and want more accurate tracking.

Both have smart watch capabilities.

Comment

I looked up the Garmen and those are fine but waaay past my price point. Pushing $500.00 !y’all forgot I’ve got implant surgery tomorrow so moolah is a little tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            I looked up the Garmen and those are fine but waaay past my price point. Pushing $500.00 !y’all forgot I’ve got implant surgery tomorrow so moolah is a little tight.
            I got my Solar on Prime day for a huge discount. The regular Instinct can be had for roughly $169 I believe.

Comment

Wow Just! I just missed prime day.

Comment

Fitbit. Simple and not too expensive. I wear one for work. Volta get your steps to get the insurance money.

Comment

Wow Just! I just missed prime day.
                  Solar was $239 or $229. They had the Tactical for $179 I believe.

Comment

Those were straight up bad azz! I mean monitoring your sleep patterns? Crazy where technology has gone. Something tells me the government can probably track through that thing! Lol

Comment

Those were straight up bad azz! I mean monitoring your sleep patterns? Crazy where technology has gone. Something tells me the government can probably track through that thing! Lol
                      It seems to know exactly when I go to sleep and exactly when I wake up, but not sure how accurate all the other stuff is. It usually shows me getting maybe 3m of deep sleep, 6 hours of light sleep, and an hour and change of REM. There's been a couple times it said I had 40+ minutes of deep sleep and those days I felt real good and energized. I've only had it for a few weeks so jury is still out.

Comment

That would be me. A couple of trips to whizz, toss and turn, wife wakes me up running her chainsaw, I wake her up, then her alarm goes off. Eat, sleep, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          2x for Whoop. It Bluetooth's to your phone. It's very small. I get about 4 days out of a charge, and I paid for three years up front, which works the price down to about $12/month. The biggest perk is it measures my sleep, which is something I struggle to get an adequate amount. The only downfall, you basically always need service for it to keep your data current. It will hold about a days worth of data itself, but it needs some sort of internet connectivity to save the data.

I had a huge Garmin watch, and it was too big and cumbersome. I also had to buy the HR monitor, which was also annoying, and it doesn't monitor my sleep. The plus, there was no subscription fee, it measures elevation change and distance run, and generally doesn't need internet connectivity.
                          The newer garmin watches monitor everything themselves. HR, sleep, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabtrap View Post
                            My fitbit got me in a bit of a predicament with the wife when I ran 2 miles in the shower before bed.

You owe me some paper towels for wiping the drink off my screen

Comment

Working...
                            X