Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitness Tracker

Morning y’all,
    What type of fitness tracker do y’all use and why? We get a discount on health insurance when we’re linked in with the wife’s provider. I also get a discount on my supplement program with Medicare.

I'm not sure what all kinds of devices will be accepted for the program but I can give you feedback on the two I have used.

Whoop. Device is typically free with a code. It is just a band with a sensor. No face. Monthly fee of $30. Data is viewed in their app. Device reads well and is low profile. Battery life is about a week from what I remember. You charge this little battery pack and then it snaps onto the device so that you can charge the device while still wearing it. I eventually lost the battery pack and didn't want to spend $30 on another one. The never ending $30 a month also really annoyed me.

Now I have a garmin instinct watch. It does everything the whoop did, plus everything a watch does. It also has gps function and gives you notifications from your phone. I think i paid $170ish on amazon but there is no monthly fee. Battery life is about 3 weeks. I am happy with it so far.

Comment

2x for Whoop. It Bluetooth's to your phone. It's very small. I get about 4 days out of a charge, and I paid for three years up front, which works the price down to about $12/month. The biggest perk is it measures my sleep, which is something I struggle to get an adequate amount. The only downfall, you basically always need service for it to keep your data current. It will hold about a days worth of data itself, but it needs some sort of internet connectivity to save the data.

I had a huge Garmin watch, and it was too big and cumbersome. I also had to buy the HR monitor, which was also annoying, and it doesn't monitor my sleep. The plus, there was no subscription fee, it measures elevation change and distance run, and generally doesn't need internet connectivity.

Comment

I have a Fitbit Charge 4, small, very bright display, and I really like its features.

Comment

Garmin Instinct Tactical, is a great choice

Comment

Apple Watch. Does all of that stuff and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Garmin Instinct Tactical Solar - great battery life, GPS, tracks heart rate, steps, sleep, pulse ox, and alot of other stuff. I have my main screen showing battery level, current temperature, day and date, time of day and sunrise/sunset. Don't know if it meets your insurance needs but I really like the watch. And it's not super big.

Comment

Definitely not into the $30.00 a month fee. Hail that’s 1/8 a tank of gas per month! I am writing these down y’all so I really appreciate your input. Will there be a monitoring fee for all of these? Or any tracker you buy? Ok just read not all have fees.

Comment

I had a Fitbit and I liked it and it had good features. Battery life was decent. I have since got a Apple Watch. It has good features too but more complicated to use. I need to see if I can get a discount on my Medicare supplement plan.

Comment

I have the Garmin Vivoactive 4 and don’t really have any complaints. Besides tracking all my health stats and movements i also use it as my golf gps and download music to it so I don’t have to carry a phone when i run/workout. You can upload your stats to your phone for ease of tracking or to share with friends.

Comment

I’m technically challenged (can’t even get pic to download on here) so I don’t need anything too technical or expensive. Maury I have Mutual of Omaha and I believe they have some type of discount program. The wife’s job does for sure.

Comment

When I wasn't being a bum I used a fitbit.

I was a skeptic before I started using it but seeing those daily and weekly goals and you hitting them really kept me pushing. Only need 30 more active minutes to hit daily goal, let's go!!!!

Comment

Get the Apple Watch. If you wait till 4th Quarter the new one should be out with some (predicted) significant health monitoring upgrades.

Comment

I've got an Apple Watch and a Garmin Fenix 6x - they do pretty much the same thing; track workouts, sleep, pulse ox, the Series 6 AW has an ECG monitor too. Totally different in appearance though.

With everything Apple is doing on the health side with the AW and the integrations being built, it's probably your best option. The only negative is battery life, it'll need to see a charger every day but, the series 6 has a rapid charge which is 20% faster and takes less than 1.5 hours to fully charge.

Comment

I use the Whoop. It has been interesting to see my trends and how it measures the strain on the body.

It is amazing what getting the correct amount of sleep does for the body.

Comment

Working...
                              X