Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karen tried to commit suicide by truck yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some old hag I see near my house pretty often with her walker going the wrong way in the right lane of a 2 lane boulevard. The sidewalk is literally 3 ft from her, but instead she curses/flips off folks who have to stop and go around her worthless butt. Eventually she'll be a grease spot and then we'll have to listen to how much of a tragedy it is. Some people...

Comment

Maybe this is not for this thread, And maybe I'm wrong but down here in the RGV large groups of people on bikes on one of the busiest roads that connects cities on the afternoon rush hour. Not a good place to ride a bike if you ask me. I was always told as a kid stay off the street! especially a highway!

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
        Maybe this is not for this thread, And maybe I'm wrong but down here in the RGV large groups of people on bikes on one of the busiest roads that connects cities on the afternoon rush hour. Not a good place to ride a bike if you ask me. I was always told as a kid stay off the street! especially a highway!
        My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.

Comment

He ain’t been hit hard nuff yet !

Comment

I usually slip the truck into neutral, race the engine, slam the brakes to make em screech, and hit the horn. They usually do a tap dance for you.

Comment

I had this problem a few years ago. Found a quick remedy for it too.

Driving home one afternoon I saw them walking in the middle of the road, walking in the same direction I was going. Once I got kinda close to them I yanked up hard on the emergency brake handle on my car. Then I laid on the horn till I came to a stop. Watching them suddenly get the motivation to quickly move out of the road brought a pleasant smile to my face.

I guess the sound of screeching tires works better than a horn..... except for a train horn! I’d pay to see that!!

Comment

[QUOTE=ultrastealth;15703495]My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.

A friend of mine got in the back of his truck in the 1970,s and lashed a bike rider across his back with a piece of water hose when they passed him at 30. Guy kept it together and chased em but never caught em. They would also hit em with water balloons as well.
                I never went that far but was headed to a PT appointment the other day at Methodist West Houston. Turned onto Greenhouse road and here’s a guy riding his bike in morning traffic down Greenhouse. Personally I would never ride a bike in Houston just because of the sheer volume of drunks and dope heads behind the wheel. Secondly I think more of other peoples rights than my right to inconvenience them while their fighting traffic etc. my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                  I have a train horn on my truck for calling 4 legged cows. It scares the hell out of 2 legged cows.
                  I read that you can’t pass inspection if they find that on your vehicle. I’ve thought about having one for safety in case we were stopped by a blm mob blocking the freeway. So, how’s you’d get it by them?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    My son and I left my parents house yesterday and, as we're going down a connecting street, I see my son swerve to the left to avoid hitting a woman walking down the middle of the street holding a newspaper. I slow down as I approach her and try to go around her, but with her head down, as if she was oblivious to my truck, she moved left to stay in front of me. I tried to go around her to the right, and she moved that way. I finally got around her and she made a motion with her hands for me to slow down. Now, when we approached her, we were doing no more than 20 mph, and I was doing less than 5mph when she was blocking me. I rolled down my window and asked in a very unpolite fashion what her problem was, and she flipped me off and started cursing me back. I told her that, if she had a problem with me to call the cops, and she said her son was a cop. I told her to call him then, so he could explain why his mother was a lunatic. These people buy a house at a discount on a through street, then get all bent out of shape that there's traffic on said street.

A big ‘ol train horn on the truck would scare her bad enough that she’d stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      I read that you can’t pass inspection if they find that on your vehicle. I’ve thought about having one for safety in case we were stopped by a blm mob blocking the freeway. So, how’s you’d get it by them?
                      It’s my understanding, and I’m far from being an expert, that it’s legal as long as it’s not your primary horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        It's not illegal to have one on your vehicle it just can't be the primary horn. I have it wired to a special switch normal horn is still hooked up to the steering wheel. I used to run a fire truck wind up siren but it was very large and required a lot of room under the hood. a train horn is long and skinny so it fits about anywhere. It is however illegal to use a train horn on a public street or roadway.

Comment

Yeah but it’s not illegal to block a freeway with some b s protest.

Comment

[quote=Hogmauler;15704337]
                            Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            My room mate from college is a big liberal biker in the DFW area. He's been hit four times, turns around and sues the poor motorist. We can't agree on much anymore.

A friend of mine got in the back of his truck in the 1970,s and lashed a bike rider across his back with a piece of water hose when they passed him at 30. Guy kept it together and chased em but never caught em. They would also hit em with water balloons as well.
                            I never went that far but was headed to a PT appointment the other day at Methodist West Houston. Turned onto Greenhouse road and here’s a guy riding his bike in morning traffic down Greenhouse. Personally I would never ride a bike in Houston just because of the sheer volume of drunks and dope heads behind the wheel. Secondly I think more of other peoples rights than my right to inconvenience them while their fighting traffic etc. my two cents.
                            Well stated, sir!

Comment

Few thoughts -

- That lady is obviously an idiot and is looking to get seriously hurt. Cut through road or not, walking down the middle of the street is just asking for it. There's way too many distracted drivers out there these days that would just plow you over on accident.

- If the sidewalks aren't that great in a residential area, I've got no problem with people walking in the road close to the curb. That typically does not inconvenience anyone and with the sheer amount of people that park in the street as compared to their driveways, it doesn't matter that much. Again, I'm talking neighborhood streets here, not the main 4 lane thorough fair.

- I do think some drivers are inconsiderate and drive like Evel Knievel through residential neighborhood areas. Also, just because a neighborhood road is a "cut thru" to the main thorough fair still doesn't give a pass to speeding down it. The residents on that street bought into increased traffic flow at peek times, but they didn't buy into people driving 50 mph on a non-posted 30 mph street where you have kids playing in front yards.

- For the record, I do not live on a cut thru road, but I do live in a neighborhood that is close to a busy area. We like to walk our area in the evenings and have no issue. However, there are a few cut thru roads and I've noticed that some people really do speed down them sometimes.

Comment

Maybe she is going to be the next Michael Brown

Comment

Working...
                                X