Turkey Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Mount

Picked up my 8yr old's first turkey mount and fox hide. Quick story on the hide. Last season we were set up on the edge of an oat field at our ranch in Ft McKavett calling turkeys. The oats and weeds we're pretty tall. We could see the heads of the decoys but not the body. We were tucked back in a scrub oak thicket with vines and a bunch of undergrowth. Kinda place I promised momma we wouldn't be in, perfect snake habitat!!! However, you would of needed a thermal scope to see us so it was worth getting all scratched up! So we're calling and calling with a few replies up on the hill a pretty good way off. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement, flash, to the left of the decoys about 40 yards. Turn to look , nothing. Keep scanning then whoosh there it is again. A grey fox sneaking up on the decoys! The weeds we're so tall he'd spring up in the air so he could see over them. Then sneak about 10 more yards and jump up again to see if his prey was still in the same spot. Cahill, my 8yr old, was all excited but couldn't get a good shot on the fox because he is too short to see over the grass! He hands me his youth model 20 gauge and says, you shoot him I can't see nothin! So I ended up shooting the fox but he shot the turkey on another hunt.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Nice bird and story! I don't see the fox.

Comment

Nice mount! Great job Dad!

Comment

Awesome stuff

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Nice bird and story! I don't see the fox.
          Here's the fox pic!

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to your son Cahill and to you. Nice trophies of father/son hunts, well done!

Comment

You must be one proud dad! And to think, he’s only eight.
              I love how the fox is draped on his headboard. Just precious.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                You must be one proud dad! And to think, he’s only eight.
                I love how the fox is draped on his headboard. Just precious.
                I sure am!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                  Congratulations to your son Cahill and to you. Nice trophies of father/son hunts, well done!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Nice, congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                      X