No announcement yet.

Tick bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer your question, yes. I pulled one off of me, on my September Kentucky hunt last year, probably within a few hours of it becoming attached. It was on the underside of my wrist, it slightly itched and the bump was there for several months. It never got red or looked weird, so I just rolled with it.

Comment

If you pull it off and leave the head it will last for weeks. Touch them with something hot, I light a match blow it out touch them and remove.

Comment

Yup, I am in the same boat.

Every time I one latches on to me, whether I knock them off quick or notice them the next day, the bite spot gets worse and worse for a couple weeks. And the whole area surrounding changes colors.

I got tested for Lyme one time because it was so gnarly and I felt tired all the time. Came back neg luckily.

Dont know why they get me so bad.

J

Comment

When I was younger, they didn't last long at all. I haven't had one in a while, but the last ones have been irritating for close to two months I'd guess. Don't know whether it's due to me getting older, or if other "things" are going on with ticks these days. Knee high rubber boots, with tucked in pants legs, seem to help a lot in deterring bites.

Comment

Why even question this. Go to TSC or the feed store and buy permethrin and be done with tick bits. Tick bites don’t bother me at all, but chiggers are a biatch for a week.

Comment

Didn’t mean to sound like an ***. One bottle of 10% permethrin will last you 10 years at least. It’s a no brained for ticks. For me it’s only ok on chiggers. Permethrin is supposed to be scent free once dried and it is hell on mosquitoes too

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I know of one woman that had about 20 heart attacks from a tick bite.
                She is gonna be hard to forget

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                  Mine last about a week but they well up turn really red and itch like crazy. Chiggers do the same but seem to last even longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  X2, this describes ticks and chiggers for me too. The Good Lord was having a bad day when He invented these two devil bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                    X2, this describes ticks and chiggers for me too. The Good Lord was having a bad day when He invented these two devil bugs.
                    X3, same here.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I still look like a shotgun victim from the chiggers back in July.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                        A chigger or tick bite will jack with me for several weeks. I guess I have some sort of allergy.
                        Same with me. If I get poked by a hardhead it’s the same thing. 3-4 weeks to get over that.

Comment

They itchy red lump red on me a week or so...Skeeters/ants not much..thats a daily occurrence....Chiggers madning itch..

Comment

Working...
                          X