The NHL is Back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
    Well they had some guy kneel for it, then played the Canadian anthem where he stood. Didn’t realize racism was such an American problem and we are so inferior to Canada.
    Yeah, that ticked me off. He plays for the Minnesota Wild and is a Canadian of philipino descent. Kneel for your own anthem!! The two black players playing in the game didn't kneel. I guess the NHL is just trying to "keep up with the Jones's".

I hope that's the end of it...

Comment

Hockey is much more tolerable. Sports have to be recorded on DVR so I can start watching 15min or so after they start and just fast forward until the action has started.

I think baseball did something like a time to kneel before the anthem. Some guys still knelt for the anthem.

I do all of my kneeling in church.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
        Well they had some guy kneel for it, then played the Canadian anthem where he stood. Didn’t realize racism was such an American problem and we are so inferior to Canada.
        Well it IS hockey.

Maybe the other players can "take care of it" during the course of the game.......Wouldn't THAT be nice to watch?

Comment

We are a hockey family. We used to have Stars season tickets until my son started playing. Now with his expenses we watch him play live and Stars on TV. I am kinda torn on this. It is great to to watch now but it will mess up the next year.

Comment

Hockey is Canadian soccer with sticks isn’t?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
              Hockey is Canadian soccer with sticks isn’t?
              On skates. Don't forget that.

Now, you can go back to watching the WNBA!

Comment

The AI crowd noise in the background is creepy

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  They also put a collage of fans from the home team on the big screens. That might be worse than the crowd noise. Oh well. At least they are playing!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post

They have to have some “crowd noise” so the TV cameras don’t pick up the on ice back and forth between players. There would not be enough bleeps in the world.

GO STARS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From the Chicago Tribune:

Minnesota’s Matt Dumba became the first NHL player to kneel during the U.S. national anthem when he did so before the opening playoff game between the Oilers and Blackhawks in Edmonton, Alberta.

Dumba knelt at center ice on Saturday while fellow Black players Malcolm Subban of Chicago and Darnell Nurse of Edmonton each stood with a hand on one of his shoulders.

With the message “END RACISM” on the video screens around him, the Wild defenseman made a passionate speech about racial injustice on behalf of the league

Comment

His last name is literally... dumb a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back a few years my dad would take me to see the Apollo's play with Gordie Howe. I'm in, screw the other sports

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                            back a few years my dad would take me to see the Aeros play with gordie howe. I'm in, screw the other sports

sent from my moto z (2) using tapatalk
                            fify

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              NHL playoffs are beginning right now! I'm pumped to finally be able to watch some live sports!
                              Best sporting event I've ever been to was a Stanley Cup Playoff Game...

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                                We are a hockey family. We used to have Stars season tickets until my son started playing. Now with his expenses we watch him play live and Stars on TV. I am kinda torn on this. It is great to to watch now but it will mess up the next year.
                                Yeah pushing the season back until December... idk how it will effect other seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X