No announcement yet.

Best way to cut T-post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diablo carbide cutting blades should work. I just cut of schedule 80 pipe with my saw all Snd diablo blade.

Comment

Why? It will be ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        You’ve run out of things to work on if you get down to cutting t posts on a feed pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^

Comment

Milwaukee blades ok but diablo metal cutting saw zall blades work well.
          Just go slow or it chews all the teeth off.
          Grinder works great at cutting steel and starting fires !

Comment

I cut about 120 with a sawzall not long back. Cut the middle spine. When you get it cut down to the flat spot, stop and bend the post back and forth and it will break. Some post are much harder than others.

Comment

Been said above multiple times Torch and Diablo both will get er done...Thin cutoff wheel on angle grinder will work great too..I got a el cheapo Ryobi 4 1/2 angle grinder with 18v 4ah..its cut plenty...Just don't crowd it.....A 7in electric with cut off blade would eat them..Wear face shield...
              Sawzall with them torch/diablo will too but it needs post to be pretty stable sawzall can be pretty JERKY when sawing something not stable...

Portaband are great too but most people don,t have and they expensive...A OX/AC cuttin torch works great too..but exp too but real portable and quiet
              Last edited by cva34; 08-02-2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Raise the wire or panels. If one or two posts are too high, give them a couple of taps with the T post driver. Keep the sparks and flame out of the pasture unless you are a lot greener than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                  Bolt cutters will work. Cut all three flats and bend it over. Beat the top with a hammer for a smooth finish.
                  Sounds fire proof
                  If you used a pipe as a cheater sounds simple
                  Not sure if my bolt cutters are big Enough

Comment

Sawzall. Slow your speed down as your most likely dulling your blades. Soft metals especially need to use at a bout 1/2 speed. Cutting or drilling.

Comment

Portable band saw..

Comment

Made it back out today with torch blades and angle grinder. The torch carbide on sawzall ripped right thru. Never had to try angle grinder. Thanks for everyone’s help. The first blades I tried last week were Diablo. They sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          Made it back out today with torch blades and angle grinder. The torch carbide on sawzall ripped right thru. Never had to try angle grinder. Thanks for everyone’s help. The first blades I tried last week were Diablo. They sucked
                          Looks good. Always wanted to do that on the front side of my pens.

My local Home Depot shows to have that blade. Did you use more than 1 blade?

Comment

You can do 20 with one blade though it did slow down cutting last 5.

Comment

Working...
                            X