Where Does Our "Stuff" Come From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
    Cheap labor mens higher prophets for the owners and shareholders. People complain about poor quality and supply, and also complain about poor stock prophets and poor economic growth. Business owners who manufacture overseas make better money, and it is hard to come back once that tap has started to flow.
    Well there are 2 more ripples that further complicate. 1) it is expensive to transfer or recreate the technology in other markets. For example LED lighting technology that is used from your phone to your home lighting is all Chinese made. But it would be extremely expensive to recreate that in say Mexico. 2) let’s say you do swallow that nut and pay for the same tech in mexico, you will then have to compete with your old Chinese factory selling direct to your customers.

Actually there is a 3rd. US domestic production and manufacturing can never be expansive because our EPA laws are too stringent. The requirements to reclaim pollution in the US in some instances doubles manufacturing costs.

Comment

Depends on what I need. My "stuff" usually comes from my kitchen. But sometimes from my garden or the grocery store. Just depends on if it's a back-strap, chicken, turkey, jalapenos, or ....

Comment

Saw that Kodak is going to start making Pharmaceuticals ingredients for generic drug. That's a good start. They got a $765 million loan under the Defense Production.

Comment

I fear we have gone too far in the direction Playa explained so well in post #16. Our kids and their kids will never know the America that us over 60 guys grew up in, and it’s a ****ed shame.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
            Cheap labor mens higher prophets for the owners and shareholders. People complain about poor quality and supply, and also complain about poor stock prophets and poor economic growth. Business owners who manufacture overseas make better money, and it is hard to come back once that tap has started to flow.

Prophets = profits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X