Sun Run Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Run Solar

Guy made a pitch. We've looked at the $60K finance your panels option before and said no.
    Like the solar option but deciding which is the question.
    Any experience out there with them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No experiance with the panels so no help there. I am curious if you are looking for a full home power system?? Was the $60 K quote for the whole system to include panels, batteries misc. necessary devices and install??

Comment

No it was you buy the panels or they own them and you buy the electricity off them at less than what you pay on the grid. If you buy them your payment is offset by no electric bill.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        No it was you buy the panels or they own them and you buy the electricity off them at less than what you pay on the grid. If you buy them your payment is offset by no electric bill.

Interesting. I could see buying electricity for less than price on the grid. I would be hesitant to pay for an entire system that would need to work properly and efficiently for a very long time to get my money's worth.

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Comment

No personal experience but I've heard that the life of the panels die well before they pay off.

Comment

Well with Sunrun they own them, they maintain them and you have a guaranteed output for 25 years. I have enough southern roof exposure to produce over my normal consumption on average.
            I'm just really leery about ANY longterm agreement. Especially with something as new to me as solar.
            However it is a direction we are seriously considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              No personal experience but I've heard that the life of the panels die well before they pay off.
              x2^

What is the term of the loan and the live of the panels.

Comment

No clue. When the guy told me the cost I laughed so hard it was embarrassing.

Comment

No actual facts, but I've heard the solar return was a long time....like 30+ years..

Comment

I’ve been in the solar industry for 27 years... I don’t have them on my house. Sooooo many solar companies come and go. It’s a niche market. Not many survive. Figure that in your decision.

Comment

These folks are affiliated with Oncor so I'm not sure. Thus my reason for posting.

Comment

Gary don’t waste your time or money. Solar is still to inefficient to make sense and they are ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That sounds really expensive. You can get good panels for a little over 50c per watt. You can cover a lot of roof for a fraction of the cost. RES supply will help you design things and with a little searching, should be able to find an installer.

RESsupply.com sells Solar Panels from the world's most trusted brands at the lowest possible price.

Comment

Okay let's be clear. That was the offer we turned down.
                            This company installs them for free. You get a significant break on your electric bill for having them there. They maintain them. They own them. I just rent them roof space.

Comment

Ive done the math over and over and it's not worth it. Even with roof with full sun.

Solar panel outputs basically 40% of rated value on summer day.

I looked at 11k system which would cost about $11k, installed myself. Would take 9-10 years to pay itself back. Then the hassle of dealing with another system. Inverters are known to die often.

Im paying 8.3c kwhr.

Most energy companies don't pay for overages, unless you sign up for that plan, but then its 13c/kwhr.

A ton of hassle and risk for $1500 savings a year. Not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X