Trophy kingfish! Epic trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy kingfish! Epic trip

Killed em with my good friend and the new custom kingfish rod he designed and built!

We used hardtails and ribbons on these brutes!

Looked like a lot of fun. Nice video!

Are you using any of the aftermarket battery packs with your GoPros, or do you just switch out GoPro batteries often? If aftermarket, which are you using?

I had one I really liked but it quit working. I haven't been able to find a good waterproof one since then.

Comment

great video and awesome fishing.

Comment

Great video. Never had KF and you said you don’t like to eat them. Taste?

Comment

I will eat them for you

Comment

Kingfish

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
            https://youtu.be/KFMqbsmZ3Y4

Killed em with my good friend and the new custom kingfish rod he designed and built!

We used hardtails and ribbons on these brutes!
            Man you all hammered em!! Good on ya for not gaffing them. I love fish but KF are just no bueno especially if you have to freeze them. I have tried them prepared many ways. Just not good.

Comment

Kings are good fresh. Not good frozen. I will only keep them if I can cook them soon. Ball em out, coat in mustard and seasoning, roll in Seasoned Louisiana Fish Fry(Blue bag) and fry fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                Looked like a lot of fun. Nice video!

Are you using any of the aftermarket battery packs with your GoPros, or do you just switch out GoPro batteries often? If aftermarket, which are you using?

I had one I really liked but it quit working. I haven't been able to find a good waterproof one since then.
                I use a go pro hero 4 silver with a seinhuser waterproof microphone. The audio is excellent but they only make it for the hero 4 silver. I also use a Sony A6300 with a variable lens while on the water.

I switch batteries but I have a large battery in the case that has the microphone. ⁹

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                  Great video. Never had KF and you said you don’t like to eat them. Taste?
                  They are an oily fish. They also have a lot of mercury so you don't want to eat them all the time.

They do make excellent kingfish patties and kingfish dip. There is just a lot of better eating fish out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    Kings are good fresh. Not good frozen. I will only keep them if I can cook them soon. Ball em out, coat in mustard and seasoning, roll in Seasoned Louisiana Fish Fry(Blue bag) and fry fresh.
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by Whistle brtches View Post
                      Man you all hammered em!! Good on ya for not gaffing them. I love fish but KF are just no bueno especially if you have to freeze them. I have tried them prepared many ways. Just not good.
                      Love a big smoker!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                        I will eat them for you
                        I could have Helped you out with some lol. We caught a few that I didn't even put in the video lol

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                          I will eat them for you
                          I could have Helped you out with some lol. We caught a few that I didn't even put in the video lol

Comment

you guys are livin the dream. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                              you guys are livin the dream. thanks again
                              Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X